Energy transition plays a key role in the wider marketplace – investment in this area supports education, skills development, infrastructure and economic growth.
Areas of focus
- Energy economics (specialisation in natural gas, oil, and alternative energies like hydrogen)
- Natural gas exploration and production
- International demand estimation for energy markets
- Electricity markets and policy
- Applied econometrics and microeconomics
- International trade policy and its effects in the ASEAN region
Impact and outcomes
- Development of policy through consultancies and commissioned work
- Contribution to training programs and Federal Government energy policy debate
- Production of industry-oriented energy economics reports offering insights and recommendations for decision-makers in the energy sector
- Advancement of knowledge in the areas of energy and other commodity prices, wind farm valuation and LNG forward contracting
Research groups, facilities and centres
Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre
The Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre is an independent economic and social research organisation located within the Curtin Business School at Curtin University.