Skip to main content



At Curtin, powerful industry partnerships and excellent facilities will support your research and help turn your discoveries into real-world outcomes.

The Graduate Research School (GRS) supports our higher degree by research (HDR) students and staff by providing advice on HDR scholarships, training programs, policies and processes.

Our research-specific facilities include the Curtin Resources and Chemistry Precinct, the Curtin Health Innovation Research Institute, the Hub for Immersive Visualisation and eResearch (HIVE), the Centre for Crop and Disease Management, the Trace Research Advanced Clean Environment (TRACE), the Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy and the Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre.

We also have access to major supercomputing facilities and Curtin is home to the Curtin Institute for Computation and Innovation Central Perth – a research collaboration between Cisco, Curtin and Woodside Energy.


We offer research courses in most study areas, for those who already have a master degree or bachelor degree with first or upper second class honours.

At least two-thirds of these degrees must be pure research. Although you may need to complete some coursework units, the major part of the work will be in the form of a thesis written under the guidance of a supervisor.

View our research courses

Find a supervisor

Contact a potential supervisor or the postgraduate coordinator in your chosen study area to:

  • determine your eligibility
  • coordinate the availability of supervisors and facilities
  • determine the suitability of your proposed research topic.

Contact the Graduate Research School

Telephone: +61 8 9266 3337
Visit: Building 101, Level 1, Perth campus. Please use the wall-mounted phone to contact us.
Mail: Curtin University GPO Box U1987 6845
Opening hours: Monday and Tuesday 9am to 3pm, Wednesday 9am to 11:15am