John Curtin Distinguished Professor Kliti Grice Grice is an internationally renowned organic geochemist who creatively combines geological information with data on molecular fossils and their stable carbon, hydrogen and sulfur isotopic compositions to reconstruct details of microbial, fungal and floral inhabitants of modern and ancient aquatic environments and their association with prolific source rocks for oil/gas and mineral exploration. She is especially well known for identifying a geological and environmental basis for the largest mass extinction in Earth’s history, which happened at the end of the Permian Period, about 252 million years ago. She currently researchs the end -Triassic, end-Devonian and end-Cretaceous extinction events (including the Chicxulub crater core) and she also has a new research program investigating role of microbial communities in exceptional fossil preservation and revealing exciting novel evolutionary information.
Grice’s research over the years has integrated molecular and isotopic information on plant and algal physiology, forensic science, microbial ecology, food-webs, organic chemistry, petroleum geochemistry and geology with our planet's history. In particular, she has shown how some of the major biological extinction events of the geological past can be traced to factors intrinsic to the Earth system, as opposed to external factors such as asteroid impacts. Analyses of the natural variation in stable isotopes of lipids present in controlled growth experiments from extant plants, algae and grazing organisms carried out by Grice have provided new insights into how these systems function across paleoecological to modern timescales and across a wide range of spatial scales.
Grice’s outstanding research reputation has also attracted many national and international PhD and postdoctoral scholars to the wonders of Earth science. She provides training and mentorship to students coming from a wide array of scientific disciplines, including chemistry, biology, geology, oceanography, microbiology, geohemistry and environmental science. In addition, the training of research students at the PhD and Masters level, as well as early career researchers, is the prime focus of the world-class organic and isotope geochemistry centre that she has established at Curtin University.
The molecular, genetic and stable isotopic composition of organic matter is determined by its source. The elements – hydrogen, carbon, sulfur and nitrogen are basic constituents of organic matter and play key roles in biochemistry, ecology, climate change, hydrologic and atmospheric processes. Therefore stable isotopic compositions preserved in organic matter can provide powerful insights into these processes.
Compound specific isotope analysis – CSIA is important for determining the stable isotopic compositions of individual organic components in complex mixtures (e.g., petroleum, natural gases, sediments, soils, groundwater, potable waters and extracts from plants and other media). The WA Organic & Isotope Geochemistry (WA-OIG) led by Professor Kliti Grice are applying the CSIA technique (carbon, hydrogen and nitrogen) and molecular geochemical and (paleo)genomic techniques to infer relationships between components so that their origins and formation pathways can be established.
The research themes investigated within WA-OIGC using compound specific isotopes, lipid biomarker geochemistry and (paleo)genomics are:
BSc(Hons), PhD, FRACI CChem, FGSEAG, FAA
Professor Kliti Grice FRACI CChem, FGSEAG, FAA
Founding Director of WA-Organic and Isotope Geochemistry Centre
Curtin University Kent Street, Bentley WA 6102
Tel +61 8 9266 2474;
Fax +61 8 9266 2300
Professor of Organic and Isotope Geochemistry, Curtin University – since December 2007
2008–current Founding Director, Western Australian Organic and Isotope Geochemistry Centre Australian Research Council (ARC Discovery Outstanding Research Award- DORA at Professorial level 2013–2016)
2007–2013 ARC (QEII) Fellow (II)
2003 Associate Professor of Organic and Isotope Geochemistry, Curtin University
2002–2007 ARC (QEII) Fellow (I), WA State Centre for Excellence in Applied Organic
Geochemistry, Curtin University
Leader of the Stable Isotope and Biogeochemistry Research Group
1998–2002 Senior Research Fellow, John de Laeter State Centre for Excellence in Mass Spectrometry, Curtin University
1995–1998 Research Fellow, Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, Texel, The Netherlands
1995 Doctor of Philosophy (University of Bristol, UK)
1991 Bachelor of Science in Applied Chemistry (Honours), University of Kingston, London, UK
Professor Grice is a world-leading authority on molecular fossil and stable isotope geochemistry. Deep insight and excellence in applying advanced analytical approaches has enabled Kliti to answer fundamentally important earth science questions. Her studies of modern and ancient environments have greatly enhanced understanding of Earth’s early life, microbial ecosystems of the past, aspects of plant and algal physiology and food webs. She pinpointed sulfide toxicity as an underlying cause of rapid biological turnover by identifying the frequent presence of green sulfur bacteria in mass extinction sedimentary records. She also established the role of microbial activity in exceptional preservation of fossils.
For research please see
Biomarkers, Compound Specific isotopes, stable isotopes, paleoclimate, fossil preservation, mass extinctions, geodisease, evolution, microbial, ecology, petroleum, early life, biodiversity, organic geochemistry, climate, paleontology, land plants, algae, biochemistry, geomedical, lipids, pigments, carotenoids, chemostratigraphy, geomedical.
PhD student supervision (28 PhD completions) http://wa-oigc.curtin.edu.au/people/graduates/
Succesful careers of past graduates http://wa-oigc.curtin.edu.au/people/alumni/ and 65% of women scientists have graduated
2019: Madison Tripp Australian Postgraduate Scholarship
2019: Akthar Ekram International
2019: Charlie Gurr International ARC Discovery
2018: Takashi Taniwaki Inpex, Japan- industry embedded PhD scholar
2017: Megan Ladbrook
2017: Cornelia Wuchter: ARC Discovery project
2017: Darren Chea: ARC Linkage Woodside
2016: Danlei Wang: 4 year China Australia Scholarship
2016: Yali Jiménez: ARC Linkage Woodside
2016: Bettina Schaefer APA writing up
2016: Calum Fox ARC Linkage writing up
2016: Matthew Campbell APA writing up
2015: Nannan He 4 year Australia-Chinese Scholarship writing up
2016: Kuldeep More International submitted
2015: Sureyya Kose APA submitting
2014: Gemma Spaak ARC DORA/ CIRTS completed
2014: Jaime Rafael Cesar Colmenares Woodside/CIRTS completed
2013: Hu Siyu 4 year China Australia Scholarship CSIRO Minerals cluster completed
2013: Hendrik Grotheer CSIRO Minerals cluster completed
2013: Chloe Plet ARC DORA/ CIRTS completed
2011: Alexander Holman APA completed
2011: Anais Pages: ARC Discovery (Grice)/ CIRTS completed
2010: Ines Melendez: ARC QEII (Grice)/CIRTS completed
2009: Svenja Tulipani: Curtin University Targeted Scholarship/CIRTS completed
2009: Mojgan Ladjavardi: Curtin University/CIRTS completed
2008: Salem Aboglila: Curtin University – completed
2007: Christiane Eiserbeck: Curtin University/Chevron- completed
2006: Ercin Maslen: Curtin University/ CUPSA – completed
2006: Dawn White: Curtin University/CRC-WQT/CIRTS – completed
2006: Birgit Nabbefeld: Curtin University/ARC/ CIRTS – completed
2006: Christian Hallmann: Curtin University/ CIRTS – completed
2006: Christiane Vitzthum Von Eckstaedt: Curtin University/CRC-CARE – completed
2005: Luc Fusetti: Curtin University/ IFP/ Cotutelle – completed and VC commendation
2004: Tamara Pilgrim: Curtin University/UWA – completed
2003: Daniel Dawson: Curtin University-APA – completed
Collaborating PhD student supervision
2012: Aileen Robert: University of Western Australia
2009: Anthony Hall: University of Adelaide completed
2006: Lyndsay Hays: MIT, US- completed
2004: Pia Atahan: University of Western Australia – completed
2002: Pauline Chau: University of Western Australia – completed Honours and Masters student supervision
1998–present: 2 Masters, 31 Honours, 4 French Internships, 3 Pakistan Internships and 4 BioGenius students.
MEMBERSHIPS OF LEARNED SOCIETIES, RESEARCH ALLIANCES AND RESEARCH COMMITTEES
2018: Elected Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science
2018: ARC Excellence Research Australia panel
2017: Commitee member of the Dorothy Hill Women in Earth Sciences National Body
2017– current Lord Howe Rise Project, Project Coordination Team between Japan and Australia for the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) Project leader for Climate theme- end Cretaceous and PETM
2016–current Member of the Australia and New Zealand International Consortium (ANZIC) for the IODP
2013–current Standing member of the Australian Academy of Sciences- Earth Sciences Decadal Plan
2013–2016 Elected to the Geochemical Society Committee Awards Committee
2013–current Elected as an Honorary Fellow of the Geochemical Society and European Association of Geochemistry
2013–2017 Selection panel for Australian Eureka Prizes
2013–2016 Selection panel for the Dorothy Hill Award, Australian Academy of Science
2012–current Elected member of the Afro–Asian Association of Petroleum Geologists
2011–current CSIRO Cluster Leader of Minerals Down-under collaboration cluster fund, Australia
2011–current Scientific Advisory Committee Sinopec Petroleum Exploration Research, WUXI, China
2010–current Member of the Geological Society of Australia, Fellow of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute
2010–2014 Chair of the ‘Best Paper Award’ Committee of the Organic Geochemistry Division, Geochemical Society (GSA)
2009–current Committee member of the European Association of Organic Geochemistry (EAOG) International Pieter Scheck Award
2009–2012 ARC College of Experts (Discovery Project and Linkage Project grants: Physics, Chemistry and Earth Sciences)
2009– current Executive member of the Australia and New Zealand Mass Spectrometry Society
2009–current Member of the Research and Development Committee of the Department of Chemistry, Curtin University
2008–2010 Board of the University Research and Development Committee, Curtin University
2008–2010 Board of the Research and Development Committee of the Faculty of Science and Engineering, Curtin University
2008–current International Geoscience Program 572 (Project Leader): Restoration of Marine Ecosystems following the Permian-Triassic Mass Extinction
2008–current Member, American Association of Petroleum Geologists
2007–current Member, Geological Society of America (GSA)
2007–2009 Member ‘Best Paper Award’ Committee of the Organic Geochemistry Division, GSA
2007–current Committee member of the EAOG Travel Awards2
2007 Appointed ARC College of Experts – Linkage Infrastructure grants
1998–current Member, Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia
1998–current Member, Royal Australian Chemical Institute
1998–current Australasian Research Management Society, WA Chapter
1994–current Member, European Association of Organic Geochemistry
2018: Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science (ANZAAS) Medal
2017: Morrison Medal, The Australian and New Zealand Society for Mass Spectrometry Inc.
2016: Gibb Maitland Medal Australian Geological Society
2014: Australian Organic Geochemistry Medal
2014: John Curtin Distinguished Professor
2013: ARC DORA Professorial Fellowship
2013: Runner up John de Laeter Research Leadership Award
2013: Elected Fellow of the Geochemical Society and European Association of Geochemistry
2012: RACI Environmental medal presented in Dec 2012 and medallist lecture
2011: Award for the highest RPI 2010 Division for Science and Engineering
2010: VC Award for Excellence & Innovation at Curtin University, Finalist award
2010: Award for highest research performance index in Curtin University and in Faculty.
2009: Faculty Senior Researcher of the Year Award for Science, Curtin University
2008: Australian Research Council (ARC) QEII Fellowship (II)
2007: Faculty Researcher of the Year Award for Science (under 40), Curtin University
2002: The Premier’s Inaugural Science Award for Early Career Achievement in Science, Western Australia
2002: JG Russell Award, Australian Academy of Science for QEII research
2002: Dean’s Medallion for Emerging Research Effort, Division of Engineering and Science, Curtin University
2002: ARC QEII fellowship (I)
2001: International Pieter Schenck Award presented by the European Association of Organic Geochemistry for outstanding contributions in Organic Geochemistry Student and Staff Awards
Please see http://wa-oigc.curtin.edu.au/research/awards.cfm
Conference organization Organising committee
2018: Mass Extinction Session chair, Australian Geoscience Council Congress, Adelaide
2016: Australian Organic Geochemistry, Convenor
2016: Astrobiology Meeting, Scientific Commitee
2016: Session chair at Goldschmidt conference, 2016
2014: Session chair at Goldschmidt conference, 2014
2014: Session chair at Australian Earth Science Congress, Newcastle
2002-2013: (every 2 years) Session chair at the International Meeting of Organic Geochemistry
2011: International Permian and Carboniferous Conference, UWA, Perth WA
Organising Committee of 2011 ANZSMS conference
2010: Convenor of Australian Isotope/Environmental and Hydrogeology conference at Curtin University
2009: Gordon Research Conference joint session chair on biodegradation
2008: Gordon Research Conference session chair on ‘Hot Topics’
2008: Convenor of Australian Organic Geochemistry Conference
2006: Session Organising Chair at the 16th Annual V.M. Goldschmidt Conference, Melbourne
2006: Session Organising Chair at the American Chemical Society, Orlando
2002 Associate editor Organic Geochemistry, 2007–present Geology, 2007–2010
2012-present Journal reviewer Organic Geochemistry Environmental Science and Technology, Chemical Geology, Geology Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, Paleo3 Earth and Planetary Science Letters, Applied Geochemistry, Analytical Chemistry Journal of Chromatography, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, Science, Nature, Geoscience
UK Natural Environment Research Council,
1998–present Australian Research Council – International and Oz reader,
2001–2009 USA National Science Foundation,
2007–present American Chemical Society – Petroleum research fund,
1998–present Dutch Research Foundation,
2002–present German Research Foundation,
Research fellows (mentor) Dr Ken Williford (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena), Dr Katherine Trinajstic (Curtin Fellow, A/Prof & QEII Fellow current), Dr Pia Atahan (AINSE/ANSTO employee), Dr Tobias Ertefai (University of Bremen), Dr Caroline Jaraula, Dr Youping Zhou (Lipidomics, Germany), Dr Robert Lockhart (Baker Hughes, Australia), Dr Pierre Le Metayer (University of Strasbourg), Dr Jeffrey Dick, Dr Martijn Woltering (Curtin/ CSIRO research fellow), Dr Alison Blyth (50% AINSE/ANSTO/Curtin Fellow), Dr Lyndon Berwick (Baker Hughes, Australia), Dr Svenja Tulpani (Research Associate, WA-OIGC), Dr Sabine Lengger (Research Associate, WA-OIGC), Dr Anais Pages (Curtin/CSIRO John Stocker), Dr Alan Scarlett, & Dr Sebastian Naeher (DFG, Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft Fellow with WA-OIGC). Several succesful DECRA and Future Fellows at Curtin University.
Organic Geochemistry, Stable isotopes (C, H, N, S), Environmental Chemistry, Mass Extinctions and Earth's History, Petroleum Geochemistry (conventional and non-conventional), Biomarkers/ Molecular Fossils, Provenancing, Pollution, Soil, sediments, Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, Food webs, Marine Geochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Compound Specific Isotopes (C, H, S, N), Microbes, Biogeochemical Cycles, Biochemistry, Organic Geochemistry of Minerals, Paleobiology, Paleocology, Paleoclimate, Biochemical pathways, Permian/ Triassic; Triassic/Jurassic; end- Ordovician; end Devonian; PETM events; end Cretaceous.
- Scarlett, A. G., A. I. Despaigne-Diaz, S. A. Wilde, and K. Grice. 2019. "An examination by GC×GC-TOFMS of organic molecules present in highly degraded oils emerging from Caribbean terrestrial seeps of Cretaceous age." Geoscience Frontiers 10 (1): 5-15.
- Crede, L. S., K. A. Evans, K. U. Rempel, K. Grice, and I. Sugiyama. 2019. "Gold partitioning between 1-dodecanethiol and brine at elevated temperatures: Implications of Au transport in hydrocarbons for oil-brine ore systems." Chemical Geology 504: 28-37.
- Scarlett, A. G., G. Spaak, S. Mohamed, C. Plet, and K. Grice. 2019. "Comparison of tri-, tetra- and pentacyclic caged hydrocarbons in Australian crude oils and condensates." Organic Geochemistry 127: 115-123.
- Saccò, M., A. Blyth, P. W. Bateman, Q. Hua, D. Mazumder, N. White, W. F. Humphreys, A. Laini, C. Griebler, and K. Grice. 2019. "New light in the dark - a proposed multidisciplinary framework for studying functional ecology of groundwater fauna." Science of the Total Environment 662: 963-977.
- He, N., K. Grice, and P. F. Greenwood. 2019. "The distribution and δ 34 S values of organic sulfur compounds in biodegraded oils from Peace River (Alberta Basin, western Canada)." Organic Geochemistry 128: 16-25.
- Holtvoeth, J., J. H. Whiteside, S. Engels, F. S. Freitas, K. Grice, P. Greenwood, S. Johnson, I. Kendall, S. K. Lengger, A. Lücke, and 4 more contributors. 2019. "The paleolimnologist's guide to compound-specific stable isotope analysis – An introduction to principles and applications of CSIA for Quaternary lake sediments." Quaternary Science Reviews 207: 101-133.
- More, K. D., L. Giosan, K. Grice, and M. J. L. Coolen. 2019. "Holocene paleodepositional changes reflected in the sedimentary microbiome of the Black Sea." Geobiology 17 (4): 436-448.
- Shan, C., J. Ye, A. Scarlett, and K. Grice. 2019. "Molecular and Isotopic Characteristics of Mature Condensates from the East China Sea Shelf Basin Using GC×GC-TOFMS and GC-IRMS." Journal of Earth Science 30 (2): 376-386.
- Grice, K., A. I. Holman, C. Plet, and M. Tripp. 2019. "Fossilised biomolecules and biomarkers in carbonate concretions from konservat-lagerstätten." Minerals 9 (3)
- Scarlett, A. G., A. I. Holman, S. V. Georgiev, H. J. Stein, R. E. Summons, and K. Grice. 2019. "Multi-spectroscopic and elemental characterization of southern Australian asphaltites." Organic Geochemistry 133: 77-91.
- Cesar, J., J. Eiler, B. Dallas, L. Chimiak, and K. Grice. 2019. "Isotope heterogeneity in ethyltoluenes from Australian condensates, and their stable carbon site-specific isotope analysis." Organic Geochemistry 135: 32-37.
- Cesar, J., and K. Grice.. "Molecular fingerprint from plant biomarkers in Triassic-Jurassic petroleum source rocks from the Dampier sub-Basin, Northwest Shelf of Australia." Marine and Petroleum Geology 110 Inpress.
- Gulick, S. P. S., T. J. Bralower, J. Ormö, B. Hall, K. Grice, B. Schaefer, S. Lyons, K. H. Freeman, J. V. Morgan, N. Artemieva, and 19 more contributors. 2019. "The first day of the Cenozoic." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 116 (39): 19342-19351.
- Saccò, M., A. J. Blyth, W. F. Humphreys, A. Kuhl, D. Mazumder, C. Smith, and K. Grice. 2019. "Elucidating stygofaunal trophic web interactions via isotopic ecology." PLoS ONE 14 (10)
- Schaefer, B., K. Grice, M. J. L. Coolen, R. E. Summons, X. X. Cui, T. Bauersachs, L. Schwark, M. E. Böttcher, T. J. Bralower, S. L. Lyons, and 7 more contributors. 2019. "Microbial mayhem in the nascent chicxulub crater."
- Pagès, A., S. Tulipani, J. Walshe, K. Grice, W. Ruebsam, C. Plet, S. Vuleta, M. Woltering, B. Pejcic, and L. Schwark. 2019. "Organic-inorganic interactions in metalliferous shales of the Kupferschiefer deposit."
- Tripp, M., W. Rickard, J. Whiteside, P. Gadd, and K. Grice. 2019. "Exceptionally well-preserved cutin in extinct seed ferns (Carboniferous): Are these early angiosperms?."
- Wang, D., K. Grice, M. J. L. Coolen, W. D. A. Rickard, and J. H. Whiteside. 2019. "A microscopic & geochemical analysis of melanosomes in a fossilized fish eye from the Fur formation, Denmark."
- Cheah, D., K. Grice, C. Wuchter, A. G. Scarlett, and M. J. L. Coolen. 2019. "Community dynamics and metabolic potential of petroleum-degrading microbes in the North West Shelf, Western Australia."
- Campbell, M. A., M. J. L. Coolen, P. T. Visscher, R. Bush, B. P. Burns, and K. Grice. 2019. "Sulfur metabolising bacteria within hypersaline microbial mat communities."
- Jiménez, Y., K. Grice, M. J. L. Coolen, and A. Scarlett. 2019. "Microbial mats of Shark Bay, Western Australia, and their role in biodegradation of oil spills."
- Coolen, M. J. L., K. D. More, K. Grice, J. Tierney, L. Giosan, and X. Irigoien. 2019. "Subseafloor archaea reflect 140 kyr of paleodepositional changes in the northern Red Sea."
- Wang, D., K. Grice, E. Idiz, C. Cockell, and M. J. L. Coolen. 2019. "High-resolution reconstruction of cyclic palaeocommunities changes through deeper time at chicxulub impact crater."
- Plet, C., A. Pagès, A. I. Holman, R. H. C. Madden, and K. Grice. 2018. "From supratidal to subtidal, an integrated characterisation of Carbla Beach shallow microbial mats (Hamelin Pool, Shark Bay, WA): Lipid biomarkers, stable carbon isotopes and microfabrics." Chemical Geology 493: 338-352.
- More, K. D., W. D. Orsi, V. Galy, L. Giosan, L. He, K. Grice, and M. J. L. Coolen. 2018. "A 43 kyr record of protist communities and their response to oxygen minimum zone variability in the Northeastern Arabian Sea." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 496: 248-256.
- Greenwood, P. F., L. Mohammed, K. Grice, M. McCulloch, and L. Schwark. 2018. "The application of compound-specific sulfur isotopes to the oilâ€“source rock correlation of Kurdistan petroleum." Organic Geochemistry 117: 22-30.
- Cesar, J., and K. Grice. 2018. "Drimane-type compounds in source rocks and fluids from fluvial-deltaic depositional settings in the North-West Shelf of Australia." Organic Geochemistry 116: 103-112.
- Zhou, Y., B. Zhang, H. Stuart-Williams, K. Grice, C. H. Hocart, A. Gessler, Z. E. Kayler, and G. D. Farquhar. 2018. "On the contributions of photorespiration and compartmentation to the contrasting intramolecular2H profiles of C3and C4plant sugars." Phytochemistry 145: 197-206.
- Spaak, G., D. S. Edwards, H. J. Allen, H. Grotheer, R. E. Summons, M. J. L. Coolen, and K. Grice. 2018. "Extent and persistence of photic zone euxinia in Middle–Late Devonian seas – Insights from the Canning Basin and implications for petroleum source rock formation." Marine and Petroleum Geology 93: 33-56.
- Pagès, A., S. Barnes, S. Schmid, R. M. Coveney, L. Schwark, W. Liu, K. Grice, H. Fan, and H. Wen. 2018. "Geochemical investigation of the lower Cambrian mineralised black shales of South China and the late Devonian Nick deposit, Canada." Ore Geology Reviews 94: 396-413.
- Greenwood, P. F., C. Shan, A. I. Holman, and K. Grice. 2018. "The composition and radiolysis impact on aromatic hydrocarbons in sedimentary organic matter from the Mulga Rock (Australia) uranium deposit." Organic Geochemistry 123: 103-112.
- Zhu, G., Y. Zhang, Z. Zhang, T. Li, N. He, K. Grice, Y. Neng, and P. Greenwood. 2018. "High abundance of alkylated diamondoids, thiadiamondoids and thioaromatics in recently discovered sulfur-rich LS2 condensate in the Tarim Basin." Organic Geochemistry 123: 136-143.
- Holman, A. I., and K. Grice. 2018. "δ13C of aromatic compounds in sediments, oils and atmospheric emissions: A review." Organic Geochemistry 123: 27-37.
- Kose, S. H., K. Grice, W. D. Orsi, M. Ballal, and M. J. L. Coolen. 2018. "Metagenomics of pigmented and cholesterol gallstones: the putative role of bacteria." Scientific Reports 8 (1)
- Hu, S. Y., K. Evans, K. Rempel, P. Guagliardo, M. Kilburn, D. Craw, K. Grice, and J. Dick. 2018. "Sequestration of Zn into mixed pyrite-zinc sulfide framboids: A key to Zn cycling in the ocean?." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 241: 95-107.
- Hu, S. Y., K. Evans, D. Craw, K. Rempel, and K. Grice. 2017. "Resolving the role of carbonaceous material in gold precipitation in metasediment-hosted orogenic gold deposits." Geology 45 (2): 167-170.
- Grotheer, H., P. Le Métayer, M. J. Piggott, E. J. Lindeboom, A. I. Holman, R. J. Twitchett, and K. Grice. 2017. "Occurrence and significance of phytanyl arenes across the Permian-Triassic boundary interval." Organic Geochemistry 104: 42-52.
- Mirasol-Robert, A., H. Grotheer, J. Bourdet, A. Suvorova, K. Grice, T. C. McCuaig, and P. F. Greenwood. 2017. "Evidence and origin of different types of sedimentary organic matter from a Paleoproterozoic orogenic Au deposit." Precambrian Research 299: 319-338.
- Cesar, J., and K. Grice. 2017. "The significance of benzo[b]naphtho[d]furans in fluids and source rocks: New indicators of facies type in fluvial-deltaic systems." Organic Geochemistry 113: 175-183.
- Lengger, S. K., I. M. Melendez, R. E. Summons, and K. Grice. 2017. "Mudstones and embedded concretions show differences in lithology-related, but not source-related biomarker distributions." Organic Geochemistry 113: 67-74.
- Spaak, G., D. S. Edwards, C. B. Foster, A. Pagès, R. E. Summons, N. Sherwood, and K. Grice. 2017. "Environmental conditions and microbial community structure during the Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event; a multi-disciplinary study from the Canning Basin, Western Australia." Global And Planetary Change 159: 93-112.
- Plet, C., K. Grice, A. Pagès, M. Verrall, M. J. L. Coolen, W. Ruebsam, W. D. A. Rickard, and L. Schwark. 2017. "Palaeobiology of red and white blood cell-like structures, collagen and cholesterol in an ichthyosaur bone." Scientific Reports 7 (1)
- Eiler, J., J. Cesar, L. Chimiak, B. Dallas, K. Grice, J. Griep-Raming, D. Juchelka, N. Kitchen, M. Lloyd, A. Makarov, and 2 more contributors. 2017. "Analysis of molecular isotopic structures at high precision and accuracy by Orbitrap mass spectrometry." International Journal Of Mass Spectrometry 422: 126-142.
- Grotheer, H., P. F. Greenwood, M. T. McCulloch, M. E. Böttcher, and K. Grice. 2017. "δ-34-S character of organosulfur compounds in kerogen and bitumen fractions of sedimentary rocks." Organic Geochemistry 110: 60-64.
- Cesar, J., and K. Grice. 2017. "Delta-13C of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons to establish the facies variations in a fluvial deltaic Triassic record (Dampier sub-Basin, Western Australia)." Organic Geochemistry 107: 59-68.
- Lengger, S. K., J. Fromont, and K. Grice. 2017. "Tapping the archives: the sterol composition of marine sponge species, as determined non-invasively from museum-preserved specimens, reveals biogeographical features." Geobiology 15 (1): 184-194.
- Tulipani, S., L. Schwark, A. I. Holman, R. T. Bush, and K. Grice. 2017. "1-Chloro-n-alkanes: Potential mangrove and saltmarsh vegetation biomarkers." Organic Geochemistry 107: 54-58.
- Nelson, R. K., C. Aeppli, J. S. Arey, H. Chen, A. H. B. de Oliveira, C. Elserbeck, G. S. Frysinger, R. B. Gaines, K. Grice, J. Gros, and 9 more contributors. 2016. "Applications of comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC × GC) in studying the source, transport, and fate of petroleum hydrocarbons in the environment." In Standard Handbook of Oil Spill Environmental Forensics 2nd. Stout, S. A., and Z. Wang., 399-448 London: Elsevier.
- Harvey, E., M. Bunce, M. Stat, B. J. Saunders, B. Kinsella, L. Machuca Suarez, K. Lepkova, K. Grice, M. Coolen, A. Williams, and 4 more contributors. 2016. "Science and the Sydney." In From Great Depths The Wrecks of HMAS Sydney [II] and HSK Kormoran McCarthy, M., 279-303 Australia: UWA Publishing and The Western Australian Museum.
- Naeher, S., H. Suga, N. O. Ogawa, Y. Takano, C. J. Schubert, K. Grice, and N. Ohkouchi. 2016. "Distributions and compound-specific isotopic signatures of sedimentary chlorins reflect the composition of photoautotrophic communities and their carbon and nitrogen sources in Swiss lakes and the Black Sea." Chemical Geology 443: 198-209.
- Cumberland, S. A., D. Douglas, K. Grice, and J. A. Moreau. 2016. "Uranium mobility in organic matter-rich sediments: A review of geological and geochemical processes." Earth-Science Reviews 159: 160-185.
- Naeher, S., S. K. Lengger, and K. Grice. 2016. "A new method for the rapid analysis of 1H-Pyrrole-2,5-diones (maleimides) in environmental samples by two-dimensional gas chromatography time-of-flight mass spectrometry." Journal of Chromatography A 1435: 125-135.
- Plet, C., K. Grice, A. Pages, W. Ruebsam, M. J. L. Coolen, and L. Schwark. 2016. "Microbially-mediated fossil-bearing carbonate concretions and their significance for palaeoenvironmental reconstructions: A multi-proxy organic and inorganic geochemical appraisal." Chemical Geology 426: 95-108.
- Robert, A., H. Grotheer, P. F. Greenwood, T. C. McCuaig, J. Bourdet, and K. Grice. 2016. "The hydropyrolysis (HyPy) release of hydrocarbon products from a high maturity kerogen associated with an orogenic Au deposit and their relationship to the mineral matrix." Chemical Geology 425: 127-144.
- Fromont, J., M. J. Huggett, S. Lengger, K. Grice, and C. H. L. Schönberg. 2016. "Characterization of Leucetta prolifera, a calcarean cyanosponge from south-western Australia, and its symbionts." Journal of the Marine Biological Association of the United Kingdom 96 (2): 541-552.
- Hu, S. Y., K. Evans, L. Fisher, K. Rempel, D. Craw, N. J. Evans, S. Cumberland, A. Robert, and K. Grice. 2016. "Associations between sulfides, carbonaceous material, gold and other trace elements in polyframboids: Implications for the source of orogenic gold deposits, Otago Schist, New Zealand." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 180: 197-213.
- Spaak, G., R. K. Nelson, C. M. Reddy, A. G. Scarlett, G. E. Chidlow, and K. Grice. 2016. "Advances on the separation of crocetane and phytane using GC–MS and GC×GC–TOFMS." Organic Geochemistry 98: 176-182.
- Pagès, A., S. Schmid, D. Edwards, S. Barnes, N. He, and K. Grice. 2016. "A molecular and isotopic study of palaeoenvironmental conditions through the middle Cambrian in the Georgina Basin, central Australia." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 447: 21-32.
- Naeher, S., H. Suga, N. O. Ogawa, C. J. Schubert, K. Grice, and N. Ohkouchi. 2016. "Compound-specific carbon and nitrogen isotopic compositions of chlorophyll a and its derivatives reveal the eutrophication history of Lake Zurich (Switzerland)." Chemical Geology 443: 210-219.
- Naeher, S., H. Suga, N. O. Ogawa, C. J. Schubert, K. Grice, and N. Ohkouchi. 2016. "Compound-specific carbon and nitrogen isotopic compositions of chlorophyll a and its derivatives reveal the eutrophication history of Lake Zurich (Switzerland)." Chemical Geology 441: 138-147.
- Wang, G., Y. Xue, D. Wang, S. Shi, K. Grice, and P. F. Greenwood. 2016. "Biodegradation and water washing within a series of petroleum reservoirs of the Panyu Oil Field." Organic Geochemistry 96: 65-76.
- Zhou, Y., K. Grice, H. Stuart-Williams, C. H. Hocart, A. Gessler, and G. D. Farquhar. 2016. "Hydrogen isotopic differences between C3 and C4 land plant lipids: Consequences of compartmentation in C4 photosynthetic chemistry and C3 photorespiration." Plant Cell and Environment 39: 2676-2690.
- Woltering, M., S. Tulipani, C. J. Boreham, J. Walshe, L. Schwark, and K. Grice. 2016. "Simultaneous quantitative analysis of Ni, VO, Cu, Zn and Mn geoporphyrins by liquid chromatography-high resolution multistage mass spectrometry: Method development and validation." Chemical Geology 441: 81-91.
- Rouillard, A., P. F. Greenwood, K. Grice, G. Skrzypek, S. Dogramaci, C. Turney, and P. F. Grierson. 2016. "Interpreting vegetation change in tropical arid ecosystems from sediment molecular fossils and their stable isotope compositions: A baseline study from the Pilbara region of northwest Australia." Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 459: 495-507.
- Carpenter, R. J., A. I. Holman, A. D. Abell, and K. Grice. 2016. "Cretaceous fire in Australia: A review with new geochemical evidence, and relevance to the rise of the angiosperms." AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF BOTANY 64: 564-578.
- Playton, T. E., R. M. Hocking, E. Tohver, K. Hillbun, P. W. Haines, K. Trinajstic, B. Roelofs, D. A. Katz, J. L. Kirschvnik, K. Grice, and 8 more contributors. 2016. "Integrated stratigraphic correlation of Upper Devonian platform-to-basin carbonate sequences, Lennard Shelf, Canning Basin, Western Australia: Advances in carbonate margin-to-slope sequence stratigraphy and stacking patterns." New advances in Devonian carbonates: Outcrop analogs, reservoirs, and chronostratigraphy 107: 248-301.
- Whiteside, J. H., and K. Grice. 2016. "Biomarker Records Associated with Mass Extinction Events." Annual Review of Earth and Planetary Sciences 44: 581-612.
- Jaraula, C., L. Schwark, X. Moreau, W. Pickel, L. Bagas, and K. Grice. 2015. "Radiolytic alteration of biopolymers in the Mulga Rock (Australia) uranium deposit." Applied Geochemistry 52: 97-108.
- Grice, K., J. B. Riding, C. B. Foster, S. Naeher, and P. F. Greenwood. 2015. "Vascular plant biomarker distributions and stable carbon isotopic signatures from the Middle and Upper Jurassic (Callovian-Kimmeridgian) strata of Staffin Bay, Isle of Skye, northwest Scotland." Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 440: 307-315.
- Pages, A., K. Grice, D. Welsh, P. Teasdale, M. Van Kranendonk, and P. Greenwood. 2015. "Lipid Biomarker and Isotopic Study of Community Distribution and Biomarker Preservation in a Laminated Microbial Mat from Shark Bay, Western Australia." Microbial Ecology 70: 459-472.
- Tulipani, S., K. Grice, P. Greenwood, P. Haines, P. Sauer, A. Schimmelmann, R. Summons, C. Foster, M. Bottcher, T. Playton, and 1 more contributors. 2015. "Changes of palaeoenvironmental conditions recorded in Late Devonian reef systems from the Canning Basin,Western Australia: A biomarker and stable isotope approach." Gondwana Research 28: 1500-1515.
- Grotheer, H., A. Robert, P. Greenwood, and K. Grice. 2015. "Stability and hydrogenation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons during hydropyrolysis (HyPy) - Relevance for high maturity organic matter." Organic Geochemistry 86: 45-54.
- Tulipani, S., K. Grice, P. Greenwood, L. Schwark, M. Bottcher, R. Summons, and C. Foster. 2015. "Molecular proxies as indicators of freshwater incursion-driven 2 salinity stratification." Chemical Geology 409: 61-68.
- Ling, Y. C., R. Bush, K. Grice, S. Tulipani, L. Berwick, and J. Moreau. 2015. "Distribution of iron- and sulfate-reducing bacteria across a coastal acid sulfate soil (CASS) environment: implications for passive bioremediation by tidal inundation." Frontiers in Microbiology 6: 1-15.
- Kraal, P., E. D. Burton, A. L. Rose, B. D. Kocar, R. S. Lockhart, K. Grice, R. T. Bush, E. Tan, and S. M. Webb. 2015. "Sedimentary iron-phosphorus cycling under contrasting redox conditions in a eutrophic estuary." Chemical Geology 392: 19-31.
- Zhou, Y., H. Stuart-Williams, K. Grice, Z. Kayler, S. Zavadlav, A. Vogts, F. Rommerskirchen, G. Farquhar, and A. Gessler. 2015. "Allocate carbon for a reason: Priorities are reflected in the 13C/12C ratios of plant lipids synthesized via three independent biosynthetic pathways." Phytochemistry 111: 14-20.
- Naeher, S., and K. Grice. 2015. "Novel 1H-Pyrrole-2,5-dione (maleimide) proxies for the assessment of photic zone euxinia." Chemical Geology 404: 100-109.
- Atahan, P., H. Heijnis, J. Dodson, K. Grice, P. Le Metayer, K. Taffs, S. Hembrow, M. Woltering, and A. Zawadzki. 2015. "Pollen, biomarker and stable isotope evidence of late Quaternary environmental change at Lake McKenzie, southeast Queensland." Journal of Paleolimnology 53: 139-156.
- Greenwood, P., A. Amrani, A. Sessions, M. Raven, A. Holman, G. Dror, K. Grice, M. Mcculloch, and J. Adkins. 2015. "Development and Initial Biogeochemical Applications of Compound-Specific Sulfur Isotope Analysis." In Principles and Practice of Analytical Techniques in Geosciences Grice, K., 285-312 UK: The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Hu, S., K. Evans, D. Craw, K. Rempel, J. Bourdet, J. Dick, and K. Grice. 2015. "Raman characterization of carbonaceous material in the Macraes orogenic gold deposit and metasedimentary host rocks, New Zealand." Ore Geology Reviews 70: 80-95.
- Blyth, A., and C. Smith. 2015. "Applications of Liquid Chromatography-Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry in Geochemistry and Archaeological Science." In Principles and Practice of Analytical Techniques in Geosciences Grice, K., 313-323 UK: The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Tessalina, S., F. Jourdan, L. Nunes, A. Kennedy, S. Denyszyn, I. Puchtel, M. Touboul, R. Creaser, M. Boyet, E. Belousova, and 1 more contributors. 2015. "Application of radiogenic isotopes in geosciences: Overview and perspectives." In Principles and Practice of Analytical Techniques in Geosciences Grice, K., 49-93 Cambridge, UK: Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Grice, K. ed. 2015. "Principles and Practice of Analytical Techniques in Geosciences." Oxfordshire UK: Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Eiserbeck, C., R. Nelson, C. Reddy, and K. Grice. 2015. "Advances in Comprehensive Two-Dimensional Gas Chromatography (GC X GC)." In Principles and Practice of Analytical Techniques in Geosciences Grice, K., 324-365 UK: The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Pages, A., D. T. Welsh, P. R. Teasdale, K. Grice, M. Vacher, W. W. Bennett, and P. T. Visscher. 2014. "Diel fluctuations in solute distributions and biogeochemical cycling in a hypersaline microbial mat from Shark Bay,WA." Marine Chemistry 167: 102-112.
- Le Metayer, P., K. Grice, C. N. Chow, L. Caccetta, E. Maslen, D. Dawson, and L. Fusetti. 2014. "The effect of origin and genetic processes of low molecular weight aromatic hydrocarbons in petroleum on their stable carbon isotopic compositions." Organic Geochemistry 72: 23-33.
- Berke, M. A., T. C. Johnson, J. P. Werne, D. A. Livingstone, K. Grice, S. Schouten, and J. S. S. Damste. 2014. "Characterization of the last deglacial transition in tropical East Africa: Insights from Lake Albert." Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 409: 1-8.
- Hall, P., D. McKirdy, K. Grice, and D. Edwards. 2014. "Australasian asphaltite strandings: Their origin reviewed in light of the effects of weathering and biodegradation on their biomarker and isotopic profiles." Marine and Petroleum Geology 57: 572-593.
- Tulipani, S., K. Grice, E. Krull, P. Greenwood, and A. T. Revill. 2014. "Salinity variations in the northern Coorong Lagoon, South Australia: Significant changes in the ecosystem following human alteration to the natural water regime." Organic Geochemistry 75: 74-86.
- Pages, A., K. Grice, M. Vacher, D. T. Welsh, P. R. Teasdale, W. W. Bennett, and P. Greenwood. 2014. "Characterizing microbial communities and processes in a modern stromatolite (Shark Bay) using lipid biomarkers and two-dimensional distributions of porewater solutes." Environmental Microbiology 16 (8): 2458-2474.
- Pages, A., K. Grice, T. Ertefai, G. Skrzypek, R. Jahnert, and P. Greenwood. 2014. "Organic geochemical studies of modern microbial mats from Shark Bay: Part I: Influence of depth and salinity on lipid biomarkers and their isotopic signatures." Geobiology 12: 469-487.
- Holman, A. I., K. Grice, P. F. Greenwood, M. E. Boettcher, J. L. Walshe, and K. A. Evans. 2014. "New aspects of sulfur biogeochemistry during ore deposition from [delta]34S of elemental sulfur and organic sulfur from the Here's Your Chance Pb/Zn/Ag deposit." Chemical Geology 387: 126-132.
- Williford, K. H., K. Grice, A. Holman, and J. C. McElwain. 2014. "An organic record of terrestrial ecosystem collapse and recovery at the Triassic-Jurassic boundary in East Greenland." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 127: 251-263.
- Holman, A. I., K. Grice, C. M. B. Jaraula, and A. Schimmelmann. 2014. "Bitumen II from the Paleoproterozoic Here's Your Chance Pb/Zn/Ag deposit: Implications for the analysis of depositional environment and thermal maturity of hydrothermally-altered sediments." Geochimica Et Cosmochimica Acta 139: 98-109.
- Holman, A. I., P. F. Greenwood, J. J. Brocks, and K. Grice. 2014. "Effects of sulfide minerals on aromatic maturity parameters: Laboratory investigation using micro-scale sealed vessel pyrolysis." Organic Geochemistry 76: 270-277.
- Dick, J. M., K. A. Evans, A. I. Holman, D. Leach, and K. Grice. 2014. "Combined sulfur, carbon and redox budget constraints on genetic models for the Here's Your Chance Pb-Zn deposit, Australia." GeoResJ 3-4 (1): 19-26.
- Grice, K., and C. Eiserbeck. 2014. "The Analysis and Application of Biomarkers." In Treatise on Geochemistry, Volume 12: Organic Geochemistry 2nd., 47-78 Netherlands: Elsevier Science.
- Woltering, M., P. Atahan, K. Grice, H. Heijnis, K. Taffs, and J. Dodson. 2014. "Glacial and Holocene terrestrial temperature variability in subtropical east Australia as inferred from branched GDGT distributions in a sediment core from Lake McKenzie." Quaternary Research 82 (1): 132-145.
- Schouten, S., E. C. Hopmans, A. Rosell-Mele, A. Pearson, P. Adam, T. Bauersachs, E. Bard, S. M. Bernasconi, T. S. Bianchi, J. J. Brocks, and 60 more contributors. 2013. "An interlaboratory study of TEX86 and BIT analysis of sediments, extracts and standard mixtures." Geochemistry Geophysics Geosystems 14 (12): 5263-5285.
- Maslen, E., K. Grice, D. Dawson, S. Wang, and B. Horsfield.. "Stable hydrogen isotopes of isoprenoids and n-alkanes as a proxy for estimating the thermal history of sediments through geological time." In Analyzing the thermal history of sedimentary basins: Methods and case studies 2012. Tulsa, Oklahoma: SEPM Society for Sedimentary Geology. Inpress.
- Luo, G., Y. Wang, K. Grice, S. Kershaw, T. J. Algeo, X. Ruan, H. Yang, C. Jia, and S. Xie. 2013. "Microbial-algal community changes during the latest Permian ecological crisis: Evidence from lipid biomarkers at Cili, South China." Global and Planetary Change 105: 36-51.
- Jaraula, C. M. B., K. Grice, R. J. Twitchett, M. E. Boettcher, P. LeMetayer, A. G. Dastidar, and L. F. Opazo. 2013. "Elevated pCO2 leading to Late Triassic extinction, persistent photic zone euxinia, and rising sea levels." Geology 41: 955-958.
- Melendez, I., K. Grice, and L. Schwark. 2013. "Exceptional preservation of palaeozoic steroids in a diagenetic continuum." Scientific Reports 3
- Lockhart, R. S., L. J. Berwick, P. Greenwood, K. Grice, P. Kraal, and R. Bush. 2013. "Analytical pyrolysis for determining the molecular composition of contemporary monosulfidic black ooze." Journal of Analytical and Applied Pyrolysis 104: 640-652.
- Tulipani, S., K. Grice, P. Greenwood, and L. Schwark. 2013. "A pyrolysis and stable isotopic approach to investigate the origin of methyltrimethyltridecylchromans (MTTCs)." Organic Geochemistry 61: 1-5.
- Dick, J. M., K. A. Evans, A. I. Holman, C. M. B. Jaraula, and K. Grice. 2013. "Estimation and application of the thermodynamic properties of aqueous phenanthrene and isomers of methylphenanthrene at high temperature." Geochimica Et Cosmochimica Acta 122: 247-266.
- Ladjavardi, M., L. J. Berwick, K. Grice, C. J. Boreham, and B. Horsfield. 2013. "Rapid offline isotopic characterisation of hydrocarbon gases generated by micro scale sealed vessel pyrolysis." Organic Geochemistry 58: 121-124.
- Metcalfe, I., R. S. Nicoll, R. Willink, M. Ladjavadi, and K. Grice. 2013. "Early Triassic (Induan-Olenekian) conodont biostratigraphy, global anoxia, carbon isotope excursions and environmental perturbations: New data from Western Australian Gondwana." Gondwana Research 23: 1136-1150.
- Greenwood, P. F., J. J. Brocks, K. Grice, L. Schwark, C. M. B. Jaraula, J. M. Dick, and K. A. Evans. 2013. "Organic geochemistry and mineralogy. I. Characterisation of organic matter associated with metal deposits." Ore Geology Reviews 50: 1-27.
- Melendez, I., K. Grice, K. Trinajstic, M. Ladjavardi, P. Greenwood, and K. Thompson. 2013. "Biomarkers reveal the role of photic zone euxinia in exceptional fossil preservation: An organic geochemical perspective." Geology 41 (2): 123-126.
- Playton, T., R. Hocking, P. Montgomery, E. Tohver, K. Hillbun, D. Katz, P. Haines, K. Trinajstic, M. Yan, J. Hansma, and 10 more contributors. 2013. "Development of a Regional Stratigraphic Framework For Upper Devonian Reef Complexes Using Integrated Chronostratigraphy: Lennard Shelf, Canning Basin, Western Australia." In West Australian Basins Symposium 2013, Aug 18, 2013, Perth, Western Australia: N/A.
- Eiserbeck, C., R. K. Nelson, K. Grice, J. Curiale, and C. M. Reddy. 2012. "Comparison of GC-MS, GC-MRM-MS, and GC×GC to characterise higher plant biomarkers in Tertiary oils and rock extracts." Geochimica Et Cosmochimica Acta 87: 299-322.
- Kelly, D., A. Zerihun, D. P. Singh, C. V. von Eckstaedt, M. Gibberd, K. Grice, and M. Downey. 2012. "Exposure of grapes to smoke of vegetation with varying lignin composition and accretion of lignin derived putative smoke taint compounds in wine." Food Chemistry 135 (2): 787-798.
- von Eckstaedt, C. D. V., K. Grice, M. Ioppolo-Armanios, D. Kelly, and M. Gibberd. 2012. "Compound specific carbon and hydrogen stable isotope analyses of volatile organic compounds in various emissions of combustion processes." Chemosphere 89 (11): 1407-1413.
- Holman, A. I., K. Grice, C. M. B. Jaraula, A. Schimmelmann, and J. J. Brocks. 2012. "Efficiency of extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from the Paleoproterozoic Here's Your Chance Pb/Zn/Ag ore deposit and implications for a study of Bitumen II." Organic Geochemistry 52: 81-87.
- Berke, M. A., T. C. Johnson, J. P. Werne, K. Grice, S. Schouten, and J. S. S. Damste. 2012. "Molecular records of climate variability and vegetation response since the Late Pleistocene in the Lake Victoria basin, East Africa." Quaternary Science Reviews 55: 59-74.
- Hays, L. E., K. Grice, C. B. Foster, and R. E. Summons. 2012. "Biomarker and isotopic trends in a Permian-Triassic sedimentary section at Kap Stosch, Greenland." Organic Geochemistry 43: 67-82.
- Hall, P. A., D. M. McKirdy, K. Grice, and D. S. Edwards. 2012. "Australasian asphaltite strandings revisited: their origin and the effects of weathering and biodegradation on their biomarker and isotopic profiles." In Eastern Australasian Basins Symposium (4th : 2012 : Brisbane, Australia), Sep 11, 2012, Brisbane, Australia: Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia.
- Alexander, R., L. J. Berwick, S. Nasir, T. Fazeelat, and K. Grice. 2012. "Markers for secondary reactions of migrated crude oil on carbonaceous surfaces." Organic Geochemistry 49: 30-35.
- Asif, M., A. Nazir, T. Fazeelat, K. Grice, S. Nasir, and A. Saleem. 2011. "Applications of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons to Assess the Source and Thermal Maturity of the Crude Oils from the Lower Indus Basin, Pakistan." Petroleum Science and Technology 29 (21): 2234-2246.
- von Eckstaedt, C. V., K. Grice, M. Ioppolo-Armanios, and M. Jones. 2011. "[delta]13C and [delta]D of volatile organic compounds in an alumina industry stack emission." Atmospheric Environment 45 (31): 5477-5483.
- Maslen, E., K. Grice, P. Le Metayer, D. Dawson, and D. Edwards. 2011. "Stable carbon isotopic compositions of individual aromatic hydrocarbons as source and age indicators in oils from western Australian basins." Organic Geochemistry 42: 387-398.
- Vitzthum von Eckstaedt, C., K. Grice, M. Ioppolo-Armanios, G. Chidlow, and M. Jones. 2011. "[delta]D and [delta]13C analyses of atmospheric volatile organic compounds by thermal desorption gas chromatography isotope ratio mass spectrometry." Journal of Chromatography A 1218 (37): 6511-6517.
- Asif, M., T. Fazeelat, and K. Grice. 2011. "Petroleum geochemistry of the Potwar Basin, Pakistan: 1. Oil-oil correlation using biomarkers, [delta]13C and [delta]D." Organic Geochemistry 42 (10): 1226-1240.
- Zhou, Y., K. Grice, Y. Chikaraishi, H. Stuart-Williams, G. D. Farquhar, and N. Ohkouchi. 2011. "Temperature effect on leaf water deuterium enrichment and isotopic fractionation during leaf lipid biosynthesis: Results from controlled growth of C3 and C4 land plants." Phytochemistry 72: 207-213.
- Williford, K. H., K. Grice, G. A. Logan, J. Chen, and D. Huston. 2011. "The molecular and isotopic effects of hydrothermal alteration of organic matter in the Paleoproterozoic McArthur River Pb/Zn/Ag ore deposit." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 301: 382-392.
- Aboglila, S., K. Grice, K. Trinajstic, C. Snape, and K. H. Williford. 2011. "The significance of 24-norcholestanes, 4-methylsteranes and dinosteranes in oils and source-rocks from East Sirte Basin (Libya)." Applied Geochemistry 26: 1694-1705.
- Atahan, P., J. Dodson, X. Li, X. Zhou, S. Hu, L. Chen, F. Bertuch, and K. Grice. 2011. "Early Neolithic diets at Baijia, Wei River valley, China: stable carbon and nitrogen isotope analysis of human and faunal remains." Journal of Archaeological Science 38 (10): 2811-2817.
- Eiserbeck, C., R. K. Nelson, K. Grice, J. Curiale, C. M. Reddy, and P. Raiteri. 2011. "Separation of 18[alpha](H)-, 18[beta](H)-oleanane and lupane by comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography." Journal of Chromatography A 1218: 5549-5553.
- Grice, K., and J. Brocks. 2011. "BIOMARKERS (ORGANIC, COMPOUND-SPECIFIC ISOTOPES)." In ENCYCLOPEDIA of GEOBIOLOGY, 167-182 Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
- Grice, K., and J. Brocks. 2011. "BIOMARKERS (MOLECULAR FOSSILS)." In ENCYCLOPEDIA of GEOBIOLOGY, 147-167 Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
- Ogburn, D., J. Meeuwig, P. McCafferty, K. Grice, and K. Waddington. 2011. "Recent developments in methods to detect impacts in coastal benthic habitats in Western Australia." In 20th Australasian Coastal and Ocean Engineering Conference 2011 and the 13th Australasian Port and Harbour Conference 2011, COASTS and PORTS 2011, Sep 28, 2011, Perth WA: Scopus.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, R. J. Twitchett, R. E. Summons, L. Hays, M. E. Boettcher, and M. Asif. 2010. "An integrated biomarker, isotopic and palaeoenvironmental study through the Late Permian event at Lusitaniadalen, Spitsbergen." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 291: 84-96.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, R. E. Summons, L. E. Hays, and C. Cao. 2010. "Significance of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Permian/Triassic boundary sections." Applied Geochemistry 25: 1374-1382.
- Asif, M., R. Alexander, T. Fazeelat, and K. Grice. 2010. "Sedimentary processes for the geosynthesis of heterocyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and fluorenes by surface reactions." Organic Geochemistry 41 (5): 522-530.
- McKirdy, D. M., C. S. Thorpe, D. E. Haynes, K. Grice, E. S. Krull, G. P. Halverson, and L. J. Webster. 2010. "The biogeochemical evolution of the Coorong during the mid- to late Holocene: An elemental, isotopic and biomarker perspective." Organic Geochemistry 41 (2): 96-110.
- Pilgrim, T. S., R. J. Watling, and K. Grice. 2010. "Application of trace element and stable isotope signatures to determine the provenance of tea (Camellia Sinensis) samples." Food Chemistry 118: 921-926.
- Fusetti, L., F. Behar, F. Lorant, K. Grice, and S. Derenne. 2010. "New insights into secondary gas generation from the thermal cracking of oil: Methylated monoaromatics. A kinetic approach using 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene. Part III: An isotopic fractionation model." Organic Geochemistry 41: 431-436.
- Fusetti, L., F. Behar, R. Bounaceur, P. M. Marquaire, K. Grice, and S. Derenne. 2010. "New insights into secondary gas generation from the thermal cracking of oil: Methylated monoaromatics. A kinetic approach using 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene. Part I: A mechanistic kinetic model." Organic Geochemistry 41: 146-167.
- Fusetti, L., F. Behar, K. Grice, and S. Derenne. 2010. "New insights into secondary gas generation from the thermal cracking of oil: Methylated mono-aromatics. A kinetic approach using 1,2,4-trimethylbenzene. Part II: An empirical kinetic model." Organic Geochemistry 41: 168-176.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, A. Schimmelmann, R. E. Summons, U. Troitzsch, and R. J. Twitchett. 2010. "A comparison of thermal maturity parameters between freely extracted hydrocarbons (Bitumen I) and a second extract (Bitumen II) from within the kerogen matrix of Permian and Triassic sedimentary rocks." Organic Geochemistry 41: 78-87.
- Aboglila, S., K. Grice, K. Trinajstic, D. Dawson, and K. H. Williford. 2010. "Use of biomarker distributions and compound specific isotopes of carbon and hydrogen to delineate hydrocarbon characteristics in the East Sirte Basin (Libya)." Organic Geochemistry 41: 1249-1259.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, A. Schimmelmann, P. E. Sauer, M. E. Boettcher, and R. Twitchett. 2010. "Significance of dDkerogen, d13Ckerogen and d34Spyrite from several Permian/Triassic (P/Tr) sections." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 295: 21-29.
- Zhou, Y., K. Grice, H. Stuart-Williams, G. D. Farquhar, C. H. Hocart, H. Lu, and W. Liu. 2010. "Biosynthetic origin of the saw-toothed profile in d13C and d2Y of n-alkanes and systematic isotopic differences between n-, iso- and anteiso-alkanes in leaf waxes of land plants." Phytochemistry 71: 388-403.
- Kuhn, T. K., E. S. Krull, A. Bowater, K. Grice, and G. Gleixner. 2010. "The occurrence of short chain n-alkanes with an even over odd predominance in higher plants and soils." Organic Geochemistry 41 (2): 88-95.
- Hallmann, C., K. Grey, L. J. Webster, D. M. McKirdy, and K. Grice. 2010. "Molecular signature of the Neoproterozoic Acraman impact event." Organic Geochemistry 41 (2): 111-115.
- Trinajstic, K., and K. Grice. 2010. "Morphology and molecules: Two views of biodiversity." Chemistry in Australia 77 (9): 28-30.
- Newell, S. M., D. A. Jones, and M. J. Hatlie. 2010. "Partnership with patients to improve patient safety." Medical Journal of Australia 192 (2): 63-64.
- Grice, K., H. Lu, P. Atahan, M. Asif, C. Hallmann, P. Greenwood, E. Maslen, S. Tulipani, K. Williford, and J. Dodson. 2009. "New insights into the origin of perylene in geological samples." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73 (21): 6531-6543.
- Asif, M., K. Grice, and T. Fazeelat. 2009. "Assessment of petroleum biodegradation using stable hydrogen isotopes of individual saturated hydrocarbon and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon distributions in oils from the Upper Indus Basin, Pakistan." Organic Geochemistry 40: 301-311.
- Lu, H., T. Chen, K. Grice, P. Greenwood, P. Peng, and G. Sheng. 2009. "Distribution and significance of novel low molecular weight sterenes in an immature evaporitic sediment from the Jinxian Sag, North China." Organic Geochemistry 40 (8): 902-911.
- Maslen, E., K. Grice, J. D. Gale, C. Hallmann, and B. Horsfield. 2009. "Crocetane: A potential marker of photic zone euxinia in thermally mature sediments and crude oils of Devonian age." Organic Geochemistry 40: 1-11.
- Maslen, E., K. Grice, T. Pilgrim, J. Watling, and D. S. Edwards.. "An integrated inorganic and organic geochemical study to evaluate the origin/age of crude oils." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 73 (13). Inpress.
- Silva-Tamayo, J. C., T. F. Naegler, R. Newton, P. Wignall, K. Grice, and M. Bottcher. 2009. "Global shallow marine euxinia triggering the latest Permian mass extinction: Evidence from Mo-isotopes." In 19th Annual VM Goldschmidt Conference, Jun 21, 2009, Davos, SWITZERLAND: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, R. Twitchett, R. Summons, L. Hays, and M. Boettcher. 2009. "Biogeochemically cycling of C, S, H across the P/Tr boundary in Spitsbergen." In 19th Annual VM Goldschmidt Conference, Jun 21, 2009, Davos, SWITZERLAND: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Hallmann, C., L. Schwark, and K. Grice. 2008. "Community dynamics of anaerobic bacteria in deep petroleum reservoirs." Nature Geoscience 1 (9): 588-591.
- Summons, R. E., K. H. Freeman, K. Grice, and R. D. Pancost. 2008. "Where would we be without the isotopes?." Organic Geochemistry 39 (5): 483-484.
- Grice, K., R. de Mesmay, A. Glucina, and S. Wang. 2008. "An improved and rapid 5A molecular sieve method for gas chromatography isotope ratio mass spectrometry of n-alkanes (C8-C30+)." Organic Geochemistry 39: 284-288.
- Grice, K., H. Lu, Y. Zhou, H. Stuart-Williams, and G. D. Farquhar. 2008. "Biosynthetic and environmental effects on the stable carbon isotopic compositions of anteiso- (3-methyl) and iso- (2-methyl) alkanes in tobacco leaves." Phytochemistry 69: 2807-2814.
- Courty, M. A., A. Crisci, M. Fedoroff, K. Grice, P. Greenwood, M. Mermoux, D. Smith, and M. Thiemens. 2008. "Regional Manifestation of the Widespread Disruption of Soil-Landscapes by the 4kyr BP Impact-Linked Dust Event Using Pedo-Sedimentary Micro-Fabrics." In New Trends in Soil Micromorphology, 211-236 Berlin Heidelberg: Springer.
- Aziz, N., P. F. Greenwood, K. Grice, R. J. Watling, and W. van Bronswijk. 2008. "Chemical fingerprinting of adhesive tapes by GCMS detection of petroleum hydrocarbon products." Journal of Forensic Sciences 53 (5): 1130-1137.
- Hallmann, C., B. G. K. van Aarssen, and K. Grice. 2008. "relative efficiency of free fatty acid butyl esterification. Choice of catalyst and derivatisation procedure." Journal of Chromatography A 1198-1199: 14-20.
- Dawson, D., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and D. Edwards. 2007. "The effect of source and maturity on the stable isotopic compositions of individual hydrocarbons in sediments and crude oils from the Vulcan Sub-basin, Timor Sea, Northern Australia." Organic Geochemistry 38 (7): 1015-1038.
- Grice, K., B. Nabbefeld, and E. Maslen. 2007. "Source and significance of selected polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in sediments (Hovea-3 well, Perth Basin, Western Australia) spanning the Permian-Triassic boundary." Organic Geochemistry 38 (11): 1795-1803.
- Fenton, S., K. Grice, R. J. Twitchett, M. E. Bottcher, C. V. Looy, and B. Nabbefeld. 2007. "Changes in biomarker abundances and sulfur isotopes of pyrite across the Permian-Triassic (P/Tr) Schuchert Dal section (East Greenland)." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 262: 230-239.
- Gessler, A., C. Keitel, N. Kodama, C. Weston, A. J. Winters, H. Keith, K. Grice, R. Leuning, and G. D. Farquhar. 2007. "delta C-13 of organic matter transported from the leaves to the roots in Eucalyptus delegatensis: short-term variations and relation to respired CO2." Functional Plant Biology 34: 692-706.
- Atahan, P., K. Grice, and J. Dodson. 2007. "Agriculture and environmental change at Qingpu, Yangtze delta region, China: a biomarker, stable isotope and palynological approach." Holocene 17: 507-515.
- Hallmann, C., K. Grice, and L. Schwark. 2007. "Molecular and isotopic study of acidic metabolites in the deep biosphere employing petroleum reservoirs as natural bioreactors." In 17th Annual V M Goldschmidt Conference, Cologne, GERMANY: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Grice, K., B. Nabbefeld, E. Maslen, R. E. Summons, L. Hays, R. J. Twitchett, S. Turgeon, T. Algeo, and M. E. Boettcher. 2007. "Significance of biomarkers for P/T and F/F mass extinctions." In 17th Annual V M Goldschmidt Conference, Cologne, GERMANY: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Nabbefeld, B., K. Grice, R. Twitchett, A. Schimmelmann, and P. Sauer. 2007. "D/H of kerogen across the Permian/Triassic (P/Tr) boundary." In 17th Annual V M Goldschmidt Conference, Cologne, GERMANY: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Turner, N., M. Jones, K. Grice, D. Dawson, M. Ioppolo-Armanios, and S. J. Fisher. 2006. "13C of volatile organic compounds (VOCS) in airborne samples by thermal desorption-gas chromatography-isotope ratio-mass specrometry (TD-GC-IR-MS)." Atmospheric Environment 40: 3381-3388.
- Courty, M. A., B. Deniaux, A. Crisci, K. Grice, P. Greenwood, M. Mermoux, D. Smith, and M. Thiemens. 2006. "Thermal processes of the 4 kyr BP oceanic impact based on carbon and mineral phase association in melt products." In 69th Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical Society, Aug 6, 2006, Zurich, SWITZERLAND: METEORITICAL SOC.
- Grice, K., S. Fenton, M. E. Bottcher, R. J. Twitchett, R. E. Summons, and E. Grosjean. 2006. "The biogeochemical cycling of sulfur, carbon and nitrogen across the Permian-Triassic (P-Tr) Hovea-3 borehole (Western Australia) and Schuchert Dal section (Eastern Greenland)." In 16th Annual V M Goldschmidt Conference, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Summons, R. E., G. D. Love, L. Hays, C. Cao, Y. Jin, S. Z. Shen, K. Grice, and C. B. Foster. 2006. "Molecular evidence for prolonged photic zone euxinia at the Meishan and East Greenland sections of the Permian Triassic Boundary." In 16th Annual V M Goldschmidt Conference, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA: PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD.
- Grice, K., C. Q. Cao, G. D. Love, M. E. Bottcher, R. J. Twitchett, E. Grosjean, R. E. Summons, S. C. Turgeon, W. Dunning, and Y. G. Jin. 2005. "Photic Zone Euxinia During the Permian-Triassic Superanoxic Event." Science 307: 706-709.
- Dawson, D., K. Grice, and R. Alexander. 2005. "Effect on maturation on the indigenous dD signatures of individual hydrocarbons in sediments and crude oils from the Perth Basin (Western Australia)." Organic Geochemistry 36: 95-104.
- Grice, K., J. Backhouse, A. A. Robert, N. Marshall, and G. A. Logan. 2005. "Correlating terrestrial signatures from biomarker distributions, 813C, and palynology in fluvio-deltaic deposits from NW Australia (Triassic-Jurassic)." Organic Geochemistry 36: 1347-1358.
- Grice, K., R. J. Twitchett, R. Alexander, C. B. Foster, and C. Looy. 2005. "A potential biomarker for the Permian-Triassic ecological crisis." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 236: 315-321.
- Greenwood, P., J. P. Croue, D. Pritchard, K. Grice, and A. Wade. 2005. "The Impact of the 2003 Canberra Wildfire on the Natural Organic Matter in ACT Source Waters." In Ozwater Conference 2005, May 8, 2005, Brisbane: Australian Water Association Inc.
- Grice, K., R. Summons, and R. Twitchett. 2005. "Molecular fossils give life to new extinction theory." The Australian Geologist 136: 37-39.
- Grice, K., R. Summons, E. Grosjean, R. Twitchett, W. Dunning, S. Wang, and M. Bottcher. 2005. "Depositional conditions of the Northern onshore Perth basin (Basal Triassic)." APPEA 1: 263-273.
- Dawson, D., K. Grice, and R. Alexander. 2005. "Stable hydrogen isotope ratios of sedimentary hydrocarbons: a potential method for assessing thermal maturity?." APPEA Journal 45 (1): 253-261.
- Thomas, B. M., R. J. Willink, K. Grice, R. J. Twitchett, R. R. Purcell, N. W. Archbold, A. D. George, S. Tye, R. Alexander, C. B. Foster, and 1 more contributors. 2004. "Unique marine PermianTriassic boundary section from Western Australia." Australian Journal of Earth Sciences 51: 423-430.
- Pedentchouk, N., K. H. Freeman, N. B. Harris, D. J. Clifford, and K. Grice. 2004. "Sources of alkylbenzenes in Lower Cretaceous lacustrine source rocks, West African rift basins." Organic Geochemistry 35: 33-45.
- Audino, M., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. Kagi. 2004. "Macrocyclic alkanes in crude oils and sediment extracts: Enrichment using molecular sieves." Organic Geochemistry 35: 661-663.
- Dawson, D., K. Grice, S. X. Wang, R. Alexander, and J. Radke. 2004. "Stable hydrogen isotopic composition of hydrocarbons in torbanites (Late Carboniferous to Late Permian) deposited under various climatic conditions." Organic Geochemistry 35: 189-197.
- Krull, E. S., J. O. Skjemstad, D. Graetz, K. Grice, W. Dunning, G. Cook, and J. F. Parr. 2003. "13C-depleted charcoal from C4 grasses and the role of occluded carbon in phytoliths." Organic Geochemistry 34: 1337-1352.
- Grice, K., S. Schouten, P. Blokker, S. Derenne, C. Largeau, A. Nissenbaum, and J. S. S. Damste. 2003. "Structural and isotopic analysis of kerogens in sediments rich in free sulfurised Botryococcus braunii biomarkers." Organic Geochemistry 34: 471-482.
- Klein Breteler, W. C. M., K. Grice, S. Schouten, H. T. Kloosterhuis, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 2002. "Stable carbon isotope fractionation in the marine copepod Temora longicornis: Unexpectedly low δ13C value of faecal pellets." Marine Ecology Progress Series 240: 195-204.
- Audino, M., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2002. "Macrocyclic alkanes in crude oils from the algaenan of Botryococcus braunii." Organic Geochemistry 33 (8): 979-984.
- Grice, K. 2002. "From Bristol to the antipodes: exploring diverse environments of the past and present." Organic Geochemistry 33: 403-406.
- Grice, K. 2002. "Acceptance speech for the 2001 Schenck Award: From Bristol to the antipodes: Exploring diverse environments of the past and present." Organic Geochemistry 33 (4): 403-406.
- Barber, C. J., K. Grice, T. P. Bastow, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2002. "Erratum: The indentification of crocetane in Australia crude oils (Organic Geochemistry (2001) 32 (943-947) S0146638001000572)." Organic Geochemistry 33 (1)
- Grice, K., B. G. K. Van Aarssen, C. Q. Jiang, G. Logan, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2002. "Palaeoenvironmental changes during the Jurassic (NW Australia): A multidisciplinary approach." ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 223: U594-U594.
- Warton, B., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2002. "Subsurface carbocation processes revealed by detailed study of the aromatic UCM." GEOCHIMICA ET COSMOCHIMICA ACTA 66 (15A): A823-A823.
- Barber, C. J., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2002. "Molecular indicators for Palaeoenvironmental conditions of devonian source rock deposition in the canning basin (Western Australia)." ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 223: U593-U594.
- Grice, K., M. Audino, C. J. Boreham, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "Distributions and stable carbon isotopic compositions of biomarkers in torbanites from different palaeogeographical locations." Organic Geochemistry 32 (10): 1195-2110.
- Audino, M., K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "Macrocyclic alkanes: A new class of biomarker." Organic Geochemistry 32: 759-763.
- Barber, C. J., K. Grice, T. P. Bastow, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "The identification of crocetane in Australian crude oils." Organic Geochemistry 32 (7): 943-947.
- Audino, M., K. Grice, R. Alexander, C. J. Boreham, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "An unusual distribution of monomethylalkanes in Botryococcus Braunii-rich sediments. Their origin and significance." Geochemica Et Cosmochimica Acta 65 (12): 1995-2006.
- Grice, K.. "D13C as an indicator of palaeoenvironments: A molecular approach." In Application of stable isotope techniques to study biological processes and functioning ecosystems The Netherlands: Kluwer Scientific. Inpress.
- Barber, C. J., T. P. Bastow, K. Grice, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "Analysis of crocetane in crude oils and sediments: novel stationary phases for use in GC-MS." Organic Geochemistry 32 (5): 765-769.
- Grice, K., M. Audino, R. Alexander, C. Boreham, and R. I. Kagi. 2001. "Distribution and occurrences of torbanites in pangaea: Stable carbon isotopic composition of biomarkers related to climate." ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 221: U534-U534.
- Grice, K., W. C. M. K. Breteler, S. Schouten, R. Kloosterhuis, and J. S. S. Damste. 2001. "Stable carbon isotopic fractionation in the marine copepod Temora longicornis." ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY 221: U524-U524.
- Grice, K. 2001. "delta C-13 as an indicator of palaeoenvironments - A molecular approach." In Workshop on Stable Isotope Techniques in the Study of Biological Processes and Functioning of Ecosystems, UNIV WESTERN AUSTRALIA, CSIRO FLOREAT LAB, PERTH, AUSTRALIA: SPRINGER.
- Grice, K., R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi.. "Diamondoid hydrocarbon ratios as indicators of biodegradation in Australian crude oils." Organic Geochemistry 31 Inpress.
- Trolio, R., K. Grice, S. J. Fisher, R. Alexander, and R. I. Kagi. 1999. "Alkylbiphenyls and alkyldiphenylmethanes as indicators of petroleum biodegradation."
- Grice, K., S. Schouten, K. E. Peters, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 1998. "Molecular isotopic characterisation of hydrocarbon biomarkers in Palaeocene-Eocene evaporitic, lacustrine source rocks from the Jianghan Basin, China."
- Grice, K., S. Schouten, A. Nissenbaum, J. Charrach, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 1998. "Isotopically heavy carbon in the C21 to C25 regular isoprenoids in halite-rich deposits from the Sdom Formation, Dead Sea Basin, Israel." Organic Geochemistry 28 (6): 349-359.
- Grice, K., S. Schouten, A. Nissenbaum, J. Charrach, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 1998. "A remarkable paradox: Sulfurised freshwater algal (Botryococcus braunii) lipids in an ancient hypersaline euxinic ecosystem." Organic Geochemistry 28 (3-4): 195-216.
- Schouten, S., W. C. M. Klein Breteler, P. Blokker, N. Schogt, W. I. C. Rijpstra, K. Grice, M. Baas, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 1998. "Biosynthetic effects on the stable carbon isotopic compositions of algal lipids: implications for deciphering the carbon isotopic biomarker record." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 62 (8): 1397-1406.
- Grice, K., W. C. M. Klein Breteler, S. Schouten, V. Grossi, J. W. De Leeuw, and J. S. Sinninghe Damsté. 1998. "Effects of zooplankton herbivory on biomarker proxy records." Paleoceanography 13 (6): 686-693.
- Grice, K., P. Schaeffer, L. Schwark, and J. R. Maxwell. 1997. "Changes in palaeoenvironmental conditions during deposition of the permian kupferschiefer (Lower Rhine Basin, northwest Germany) inferred from molecular and isotopic compositions of biomarker components." Organic Geochemistry 26 (11-12): 677-690.
- GRICE, K.. "" Org. Geochem. 26 Inpress.
- Grice, K., P. Schaeffer, L. Schwark, and J. R. Maxwell. 1996. "Molecular indicators of palaeoenvironmental conditions in an immature Permian shale (Kupferschiefer, Lower Rhine Basin, north-west Germany) from free and S-bound lipids." Organic Geochemistry 25 (3-4): 131-147.
- Grice, K., R. Gibbison, J. E. Atkinson, L. Schwark, C. B. Eckardt, and J. R. Maxwell. 1996. "Maleimides (1H-pyrrole-2,5-diones) as molecular indicators of anoxygenic photosynthesis in ancient water columns." Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 60 (20): 3913-3924.
- Grice, K., R. Gibbison, J. Atkinson, C. Eckardt, L. Schwark, and J. Maxwell.. "1H-Pyrrole-2,5-diones (maleimides) as indicators of anoxygenic photosynthesis in palaeowater columns." Geochemica Et Cosmochimica Acta 60 Inpress.