Katie Wilson is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Culture and Technology, Faculty of Humanities, Curtin University, with the Curtin Open Knowledge Initiative where she is researching diversity and open access. Her doctoral research explored cultural learning experiences of Australian Indigenous school students. She has been a researcher with the School of Education, Southern Cross University and Nulungu Research Institute, University of Notre Dame, Australia, and has held a range of positions in academic libraries in Australia and New Zealand. Other research interests include New Zealand literature, Māori women in history, indigenous education, and post-qualitative research methodologies.
2011-2016 Researcher, School of Education, Southern Cross University
2016-2018 Research Librarian, Victoria University of Wellington
2018 - Present: Research Fellow, Centre for Culture and Technology, Curtin University
Open knowledge; Equity and diversity in higher education; Indigenous education; New Zealand literature; Maori women in history; post-qualitative research.
- Huang, C. K., C. Neylon, R. Hosking, L. Montgomery, K. Wilson, A. Ozaygen, and C. Brookes-Kenworthy. 2020. "Evaluating institutional open access performance: Methodology, challenges and assessment."
- Huang, C. K., C. Neylon, R. Hosking, L. Montgomery, K. Wilson, A. Ozaygen, and C. Brookes-Kenworthy. 2020. "Evaluating institutional open access performance: Sensitivity analysis."
- Wilson, K., C. Neylon, L. Montgomery, and C. K. K. Huang. 2019. "Access to academic libraries: An indicator of openness?." Information Research 24 (1)
- Huang, C. K. K., C. Neylon, C. Brookes-Kenworthy, R. Hosking, L. Montgomery, K. Wilson, and A. Ozaygen. 2019. "Comparison of bibliographic data sources: Implications for the robustness of university rankings."
- Montgomery, A., C. Neylon, R. Hosking, C. K. Huang, A. Ozaygen, and C. Wilson. 2019. "Universities and Knowledge Sharing." In International Conference on Electronic Publishing (ELPub), Jun 2, 2019, Marseille, France: International Conference on Electronic Publishing (ELPub).
- Wilson, K., C. Neylon, L. montgomery, and C. K. K. Huang. 2019. "Access to academic libraries: an indicator of openness?." Information Research: an international electronic journal 24 (1): na-na.
- Wilson, K., C. Neylon, C. Brookes-Kenworthy, R. Hosking, C. K. K. Huang, L. Montgomery, and A. Ozaygen. 2019. "‘Is the library open?’: Correlating unaffiliated access to academic libraries with open access support." LIBER Quarterly 29 (1)
- Wilson, K., L. Lang, T. Wilson, and A. Kirkpatrick. 2018. "Research support at the crossroads: capability, capacity, and collaboration." New Review of Academic Librarianship 24
- Wilks, J., G. Kennedy, K. Wilson, and N. Drew. 2018. "Indigenous data sovereignty in higher education:Towards a decolonised data quality framework." Australian Universities' Review 60 (2): 4-14.
- Turner, A., K. Wilson, and J. Wilks. 2017. "Aboriginal community engagement in primary schooling: Promoting learning through a cross-cultural lens." Australian Journal of Teacher Education 42 (11): 96-116.
- Wilks, J., K. Wilson, and S. Kinnane. 2017. "Promoting engagement and success at university through strengthening the online learning experiences of indigenous students living and studying in remote communities." In Indigenous Pathways, Transitions and Participation in Higher Education: From Policy to Practice Frawley, J., S. Larkin, and J. A. Smith., 211-233 Singapore: Springer Nature.
- Drew, N., J. Wilks, K. Wilson, and G. Kennedy. 2016. "Standing up to be counted: Data quality challenges in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander higher education statistics." Australian Aboriginal Studies 2016-January (2): 104-120.
- Wilson, C. K. 2016. "“Pride and Honour”: Indigenous Dance in New South Wales Schools." In Intersecting Cultures in Music and Dance Education: An Oceanic Perspective Ashley, L., and D. Lines., 67-77 Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Wilson, K., and J. Wilks. 2015. "Australian Indigenous higher education: politics, policy and representation." Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management 37 (6): 659-672.
- Wilks, J., and K. Wilson. 2012. "Going on to uni? Access and participation in university for students from backgrounds of disadvantage." Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management 34 (1): 79-90.