My research interests lie in unravelling petrological and geochemical processes involved during metamorphism and apprehending their tectonic significance.
My first works, back at the University of Potsdam (Germany), have addressed the subduction- to collision-related evolution of the long-lived Aegean–Anatolian subduction system, with emphasis on the blueschist-facies metamorphic rocks of Turkey. In early 2016, I joined Zheng–Xiang Li's ARC Laureate team at Curtin University and I am leading field-based studies aimed to decipher the Proterozoic tectonic evolution of NE Australia and its implications for Nuna, the Mesoproterozoic supercontinent.
Feb. 2016–Present Research Fellow — Curtin University, Australia
Mar. 2013–Feb. 2016 Post-doctoral Researcher — Universität Potsdam, Germany
Mar. 2013–Feb. 2016 Assistant to the IUGS President
Jan. 2012–Feb. 2013 Assistant — Universität Potsdam, Germany
Oct. 2007–Dec. 2011 Doctoral student — Universität Potsdam, Germany
- Olierook, H. K. H., F. Jourdan, J. M. Whittaker, R. E. Merle, Q. Jiang, A. Pourteau, and L. S. Doucet. 2020. "Timing and causes of the mid-Cretaceous global plate reorganization event." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 534
- Volante, S., A. Pourteau, W. J. Collins, E. Blereau, Z. X. Li, M. Smit, N. J. Evans, A. R. Nordsvan, C. J. Spencer, B. J. McDonald, and 2 more contributors. 2020. "Multiple P–T–d–t paths reveal the evolution of the final Nuna assembly in northeast Australia." Journal of Metamorphic Geology 38 (6): 593-627.
- Doucet, L. S., Z. X. Li, H. Gamal El Dien, A. Pourteau, J. B. Murphy, W. J. Collins, N. Mattielli, H. K. H. Olierook, C. J. Spencer, and R. N. Mitchell. 2020. "Distinct formation history for deep-mantle domains reflected in geochemical differences." Nature Geoscience 13 (7): 511-515.
- Pourteau, A., L. S. Doucet, E. R. Blereau, S. Volante, T. E. Johnson, W. J. Collins, Z. X. Li, and D. C. Champion. 2020. "TTG generation by fluid-fluxed crustal melting: Direct evidence from the Proterozoic Georgetown Inlier, NE Australia." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 550
- Volante, S., W. J. Collins, A. Pourteau, Z. X. Li, J. Li, and A. R. Nordsvan. 2020. "Structural Evolution of a 1.6 Ga Orogeny Related to the Final Assembly of the Supercontinent Nuna: Coupling of Episodic and Progressive Deformation." Tectonics 39 (10)
- Volante, S., W. J. Collins, E. Blereau, A. Pourteau, C. Spencer, N. J. Evans, V. Barrote, A. R. Nordsvan, Z. X. Li, and J. Li. 2020. "Reassessing zircon-monazite thermometry with thermodynamic modelling: insights from the Georgetown igneous complex, NE Australia." Contributions to Mineralogy and Petrology 175 (12)
- Li, J., A. Pourteau, Z. X. Li, F. Jourdan, A. R. Nordsvan, W. J. Collins, and S. Volante. 2020. "Heterogeneous Exhumation of the Mount Isa Orogen in NE Australia After 1.6 Ga Nuna Assembly: New High-Precision 40Ar/39Ar Thermochronological Constraints." Tectonics 39 (12)
- Scheffler, F., A. Immenhauser, A. Pourteau, M. Natalicchio, O. Candan, and R. Oberhänsli. 2019. "A lost Tethyan evaporitic basin: Evidence from a Cretaceous hemipelagic meta-selenite – red chert association in the Eastern Mediterranean realm." Sedimentology 66 (7): 2627-2660.
- Huang, C., N. Zhang, Z. X. Li, M. Ding, Z. Dang, A. Pourteau, and S. Zhong. 2019. "Modeling the Inception of Supercontinent Breakup: Stress State and the Importance of Orogens." Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 20 (11): 4830-4848.
- Pourteau, A., E. E. Scherer, S. Schorn, R. Bast, A. Schmidt, and L. Ebert. 2018. "Thermal evolution of an ancient subduction interface revealed by Lu–Hf garnet geochronology, Halilbağı Complex (Anatolia)." Geoscience Frontiers xx: xx-xx.
- Nordsvan, A. R., W. J. Collins, Z. X. Li, C. J. Spencer, A. Pourteau, I. W. Withnall, P. G. Betts, and S. Volante. 2018. "Laurentian crust in northeast Australia: Implications for the assembly of the supercontinent Nuna." Geology 46: 521-524.
- Pourteau, A., M. A. Smit, Z. X. Li, W. J. Collins, A. R. Nordsvan, S. Volante, and J. Li. 2018. "1.6 Ga crustal thickening along the final Nuna suture." Geology 46 (11): 959-962.
- Pourteau, A., R. Oberhänsli, O. Candan, E. Barrier, and B. Vrielynck. 2016. "Neotethyan closure history of western Anatolia: a geodynamic discussion." International Journal of Earth Sciences 105 (1): 203-224.