- Wu, S., Y. Liu, G. Southam, L. Robertson, T. H. Chiu, A. T. Cross, K. W. Dixon, J. C. Stevens, H. Zhong, T. S. Chan, and 2 more contributors. 2019. "Geochemical and mineralogical constraints in iron ore tailings limit soil formation for direct phytostabilization." Science of the Total Environment 651: 192-202.
- Saatkamp, A., A. Cochrane, L. Commander, L. Guja, B. Jimenez-Alfaro, J. Larson, A. Nicotra, P. Poschlod, F. A. O. Silveira, A. Cross, and 19 more contributors. 2019. "A research agenda for seed-trait functional ecology." New Phytologist 221 (4): 1764-1775.
- Nevill, P. G., K. A. Howell, A. T. Cross, A. V. Williams, X. Zhong, J. Tonti-Filippini, L. M. Boykin, K. W. Dixon, and I. Small. 2019. "Plastome-wide rearrangements and gene losses in carnivorous droseraceae." Genome Biology and Evolution 11 (2): 472-485.
- Cross, A. T., D. Ivanov, J. C. Stevens, R. Sadler, H. Zhong, H. Lambers, and K. W. Dixon. 2019. "Nitrogen limitation and calcifuge plant strategies constrain the establishment of native vegetation on magnetite mine tailings." Plant and Soi
- Buters, T. M., P. W. Bateman, T. Robinson, D. Belton, K. W. Dixon, and A. T. Cross. 2019. "Methodological ambiguity and inconsistency constrain unmanned aerial vehicles as a silver bullet for monitoring ecological restoration." Remote Sensing 11 (10)
- Carey, N., A. T. Cross, M. D. Barrett, and B. J. Robson. 2019. "Do active-dispersing insects dominate the invertebrate fauna of rock pools in the wet–dry tropics, Kimberley, Australia?." Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystem
- Nevill, P., A. Cross, K. Dixon, and J. Aronson. 2019. "Time for a paradigm shift toward a restorative culture." Restoration Ecology TBA: TBA-TBA.
- Cross, A. T., R. Young, P. Nevill, T. McDonald, K. Prach, J. Aronson, G. W. Wardell-Johnson, and K. W. Dixon. 2018. "Appropriate aspirations for effective post-mining restoration and rehabilitation: a response to KaÅºmierczak et al." Environmental Earth Sciences 77 (6)
- Robinson, A. S., A. T. Cross, M. E. Meisterl, and A. Fleischmann. 2018. "A new pygmy sundew, Drosera Albonotata (droseraceae), from the western wheatbelt and an updated diagnostic key to the orange-flowered pygmy Drosera of Western Australia." Phytotaxa 346 (3): 221-236.
- Cross, A. T., A. R. Davis, A. Fleischmann, J. D. Horner, A. Jürgens, D. J. Merritt, G. L. Murza, and S. R. Turner. 2018. "Reproductive biology and pollinator-prey conflicts." In Carnivorous Plants: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution, 294-313
- Cross, A. T., M. Paniw, A. V. Scatigna, N. Kalfas, B. Anderson, T. J. Givnish, and A. Fleischmann. 2018. "Systematics and evolution of small genera of carnivorous plants." In Carnivorous Plants: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution, 120-134
- Clarke, C., A. Cross, and B. Rice. 2018. "Conservation of carnivorous plants." In Carnivorous Plants: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution, 375-388
- Fleischmann, A., A. T. Cross, R. Gibson, P. M. Gonella, and K. W. Dixon. 2018. "Systematics and evolution of droseraceae." In Carnivorous Plants: Physiology, Ecology, and Evolution, 45-57
- Cross, A. T., M. D. Barrett, S. R. Turner, K. W. Dixon, and D. J. Merritt. 2018. "Seed-dormancy depth is partitioned more strongly among habitats than among species in tropical ephemerals." Australian Journal of Botany 66 (3): 230-242.
- Cross, A. T., and P. W. Bateman. 2018. "How dangerous is a Drosera? Limb autotomy increases passive predation risk in crickets." Journal of Zoology 306 (4): 217-222.
- Bradshaw, S. D., K. W. DIxon, H. Lambers, A. T. Cross, J. Bailey, and S. D. Hopper. 2018. "Understanding the long-term impact of prescribed burning in mediterranean-climate biodiversity hotspots, with a focus on south-Western Australia." International Journal of Wildland Fire 27 (10): 643-657.
- Pedrini, S., K. Bhalsing, A. T. Cross, and K. W. Dixon. 2018. "Protocol Development Tool (PDT) for seed encrusting and pelleting." SEED SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 46 (2): 393-405.
- Cross, A. T., J. C. Stevens, R. Sadler, B. Moreira-Grez, D. Ivanov, H. Zhong, K. W. Dixon, and H. Lambers. 2018. "Compromised root development constrains the establishment potential of native plants in unamended alkaline post-mining substrates." Plant and Soi
- Cross, A. T., M. Paniw, F. Ojeda, S. R. Turner, K. W. Dixon, and D. J. Merritt. 2017. "Defining the role of fire in alleviating seed dormancy in a rare Mediterranean endemic subshrub." AoB PLANTS 9 (5)
- Cross, A. T., and H. Lambers. 2017. "Young calcareous soil chronosequences as a model for ecological restoration on alkaline mine tailings." SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT 607-608: 168-175.
- Cross, A. T., J. C. Stevens, and K. W. Dixon. 2017. "One giant leap for mankind: can ecopoiesis avert mine tailings disasters?." Plant and Soil 421: 1-5.
- Kumaresan, D., A. Cross, B. Moreira-Grez, K. Kariman, P. Nevill, J. Stevens, R. J. N. Allcock, A. G. O'Donnell, K. W. Dixon, and A. S. Whiteley. 2017. "Microbial Functional Capacity Is Preserved Within Engineered Soil Formulations Used In Mine Site Restoration." Scientific Reports 7 (1)
- Cross, A. T., L. Adamec, S. R. Turner, K. W. Dixon, and D. J. Merritt. 2016. "Seed reproductive biology of the rare aquatic carnivorous plant Aldrovanda vesiculosa (Droseraceae)." Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society 180: 515-529.
- Cross, A. T., C. Myers, C. N. A. Mitchell, S. L. Cross, C. Jackson, R. Waina, L. Mucina, K. W. Dixon, and A. N. Andersen. 2016. "Ant biodiversity and its environmental predictors in the North Kimberley region of Australia’s seasonal tropics." Biodiversity and Conservation 25: 1727-1759.
- Cross, S. L., A. T. Cross, D. J. Merritt, K. W. Dixon, and A. N. Andersen. 2016. "Biodiversity responses to vegetation structure in a fragmented landscape: ant communities in a peri-urban coastal dune system." Journal of Insect Conservation 20 (3): 485-495.
- Cross, A., S. Turner, M. Renton, J. Baskin, K. Dixon, and D. Merritt. 2015. "Seed dormancy and persistent sediment seed banks of ephemeral freshwater rock pools in the Australian monsoon tropics." Annals of Botany 115: 847-859.
- Cross, A. T., L. M. Skates, L. Adamec, C. M. Hammond, P. M. Sheridan, and K. W. Dixon. 2015. "Population ecology of the endangered aquatic carnivorous macrophyte Aldrovanda vesiculosa at a naturalised site in North America." Freshwater Biology 60 (9): 1772-1783.
- Cross, A. T., S. R. Turner, D. J. Merritt, A. Van Niekerk, M. Renton, K. W. Dixon, and L. Mucina. 2015. "Vegetation patterns and hydro-geological drivers of freshwater rock pool communities in the monsoon-tropical Kimberley region, Western Australia." Journal of Vegetation Science 26 (6): 1184-1197.
- Cross, A. T., G. R. Cawthray, D. J. Merritt, S. R. Turner, M. Renton, and K. W. Dixon. 2014. "Biogenic ethylene promotes seedling emergence from the sediment seed bank in an ephemeral tropical rock pool habitat." Plant and Soil 380 (1): 73-87.
- Cross, A. T., D. J. Merritt, S. R. Turner, and K. W. Dixon. 2013. "Seed germination of the carnivorous plant Byblis gigantea (Byblidaceae) is cued by warm stratification and karrikinolide." Botanical Journal Of The Linnean Society 173 (1): 143-152.