Shamsul Kamariah Abdullah, a senior lecturer in Marketing is an award-winning teacher who has taught courses in Marketing Fundamentals, Sales Management, Marketing Communication, Strategic Marketing and Retail Marketing and Distribution for the undergraduate students at Curtin University, Sarawak campus. Currently, she is involved with teaching a unit which used the Distributed Learning mode;
Over the years, her research and writing have focused primarily on the Confucius Heritage Culture learners learning and their higher order thinking skills.
- Abdullah, S.. "'Child brand ambassadors: Merely a child's play for business'." In Marketing Strategy Case book 2013. Melbourne Australia: Cambridge University Press. Inpress.
- Sia, J., S. Abdullah, N. Abdul Rani, and C. Anthony Das. 2009. "Higher Learning Institutions of Choice: A conceptual review of consideration sets." In Curtin International Business Conference 2009, Dec 10, 2009, Curtin Sarawak: Curtin Sarawak.
- Ng, P., S. Abdullah, P. Nee, and F. Tiew. 2009. "Employers' feedback on business graduates: An exploratory study in Curtin Sarawak." International Review of Business Research Papers 5 (4)
- Ng, P., S. Abdullah, P. Nee, and F. Tiew. 2008. "Curtin Graduate Attributes: An Exploratory Study on Business Graduates in Curtin Sarawak." In International conference on Business and Information 2008, Jul 7, 2008, Seoul, South Korea: Academy of Taiwan Information Systems Research.
- Abdullah, S. 2006. "CBIM4303 Integrated Marketing Communication." Jan 2006. Kuala Lumpur: Open Unviersity Malaysia.