BSc(Hons)(W. Aust), MAppSc (Curtin), PhD (W. Aust)
My research can be divided into four main areas;
(1) population genetics
Currently, I am supervising students involving in molecular genetics projects on the Noisy Scub Bird and the Western Swamp Tortoise.
The aims of this research are:
1. Development and use of molecular tools for the analysis of population genetics in these endangered species.
2. Use of next generation sequencing to discover microsatellites to assist in the above aim.
(2) Understanding the sheep major histocompatibility complex and other regions of the sheep genome and their role in sheep parasitic diseases.
The aims of this research are:
1. To develop a single nucleotide polymorphism map of the sheep MHC.
2. Apply SNPs to identifying genes involved with IgA and IgE responses to gastrointestinal parasites.
3. Use the information gained as a model for human IgE responses and systems involved in parasite responses.
4. Comparative analysis of the MHC
(3) The role of Corneodesmosin and other related desmosomal proteins in skin and hair/wool structure and their role in skin diseases and wool production traits
Aims of this research are:
1. Understand the effects of variation in corneodesmosin and other proteins found in the corneodesmosome on their structure and function.
2. Understand the possible role of Corneodesmosin and other related proteins in the pathogenesis of human skin diseases such as psoriasis.
(4) The molecular mechanisms of Alzheimer’s disease. This work is in collaboration with Professor Ralph Martins from ECU. The research involves the construction of recombinant Baculoviral constructs and their use in determining the minimal gamma secretase complex required for amyloid-beta production.
Chair of Scientific Advisory Committee McCusker Research Foundation for Alzheimer's Disease
Member of the Board of the McCusker Research Foundation for Alzheimer's Disease
Chair of the Institutional Biosafety Committee (Curtin University)
Member of the American Society for the Advancement of Science
Member of the International Forensic Genetic Society
Member of Genetic Society (UK)
Member of Genetic Society of America
Member of International Society of Animal Genetics
My main contributions to teaching and learning have been in the development and revision of new units in the rapidly developing and changing field of molecular genetics. These contributions have been critical in maintaining the scientific credibility of the School’s offering in contemporary molecular science. Over the years I have participated in the University’s efforts to improve teaching and learning and make good use of electronic delivery and presentation of material and resources. I enjoy excellent feedback from student evaluations of teaching and take considerable care in the delivery of the programs for which I am responsible. I have actively mentored new staff members in many aspects of School/University functions.
- Clayton, J. S., E. L. McNamara, H. Goullee, S. Conijn, K. Muthsam, G. C. Musk, D. Coote, J. Kijas, A. C. Testa, R. L. Taylor, and 6 more contributors. 2020. "Ovine congenital progressive muscular dystrophy (OCPMD) is a model of TNNT1 congenital myopathy." Acta Neuropathologica Communications 8 (1)
- Porter, T., S. C. Burnham, L. Milicic, G. Savage, P. Maruff, Y. Y. Lim, D. Ames, C. L. Masters, R. N. Martins, S. Rainey-Smith, and 6 more contributors. 2019. "Klotho allele status is not associated with Aβ and APOE ε4–related cognitive decline in preclinical Alzheimer's disease." Neurobiology of Aging 76: 162-165.
- Ali, A. O. A., L. Murphy, A. Stear, K. Fairlie-Clarke, G. Nikbakht Brujeni, K. Donskow-Łysoniewska, D. Groth, J. Buitkamp, and M. J. Stear. 2019. "Association of MHC class II haplotypes with reduced faecal nematode egg count and IgA activity in British Texel sheep." Parasite Immunology 41 (7)
- Porter, T., S. C. Burnham, L. Milicic, G. Savage, P. Maruff, H. R. Sohrabi, M. Peretti, Y. Y. Lim, M. Weinborn, D. Ames, and 9 more contributors. 2019. "COMT val158met is not associated with Aβ-amyloid and APOE ε4 related cognitive decline in cognitively normal older adults." IBRO Reports 6: 147-152.
- Jones, M., C. Sergeant, M. Richardson, D. Groth, S. Brooks, and K. Munyard. 2019. "A non-synonymous SNP in exon 3 of the KIT gene is responsible for the classic grey phenotype in alpacas (Vicugna pacos)." Animal Genetics 50 (5): 493-500.
- Stear, A., A. O. A. Ali, G. N. Brujeni, J. Buitkamp, K. Donskow-Łysoniewska, K. Fairlie-Clarke, D. Groth, N. M. M. Isa, and M. J. Stear. 2019. "Identification of the amino acids in the Major Histocompatibility Complex class II region of Scottish Blackface sheep that are associated with resistance to nematode infection." International Journal for Parasitology 49 (10): 797-804.
- Yaro, M., K. A. Munyard, E. Morgan, R. J. N. Allcock, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2019. "Analysis of pooled genome sequences from Djallonke and Sahelian sheep of Ghana reveals co-localisation of regions of reduced heterozygosity with candidate genes for disease resistance and adaptation to a tropical environment." BMC Genomics 20 (1)
- Porter, T., S. C. Burnham, V. Doré, G. Savage, P. Bourgeat, K. Begemann, L. Milicic, D. Ames, A. I. Bush, P. Maruff, and 8 more contributors. 2018. "KIBRA is associated with accelerated cognitive decline and hippocampal atrophy in APOE ϵ4-positive cognitively normal adults with high Aβ-amyloid burden." Scientific Reports 8 (1)
- Margery-Muir, A. A., C. Bundell, J. D. Wetherall, R. Whidborne, P. Martinez, and D. M. Groth. 2018. "Insights on the relationship between complement component C4 serum concentrations and C4 gene copy numbers in a Western Australian systemic lupus erythematosus cohort." Lupus 27 (10): 1687-1696.
- Khan, I., S. Krishnaswamy, M. Sabale, D. Groth, L. Wijaya, M. Morici, I. Berger, C. Schaffitzel, P. E. Fraser, R. N. Martins, and 1 more contributors. 2018. "Efficient production of a mature and functional gamma secretase protease." Scientific Reports 8 (1)
- Porter, T., S. C. Burnham, L. Milicic, G. Savage, P. Maruff, Y. Y. Lim, Q. X. Li, D. Ames, C. L. Masters, S. Rainey-Smith, and 6 more contributors. 2018. "Utility of an Alzheimer's Disease Risk-Weighted Polygenic Risk Score for Predicting Rates of Cognitive Decline in Preclinical Alzheimer's Disease: A Prospective Longitudinal Study." Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 66 (3): 1193-1211.
- Ali, A. O. A., A. Stear, K. Fairlie-Clarke, G. N. Brujeni, N. M. M. Isa, M. S. B. Salisi, K. Donskow-Łysoniewska, D. Groth, J. Buitkamp, and M. J. Stear. 2017. "The genetic architecture of the MHC class II region in British Texel sheep." Immunogenetics 69 (3): 157-163.
- Margery-Muir, A. A., C. Bundell, D. Nelson, D. M. Groth, and J. D. Wetherall. 2017. "Gender balance in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus." Autoimmunity Reviews 16 (3): 258-268.
- Yaro, M., K. A. Munyard, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2017. "Molecular identification of livestock breeds: A tool for modern conservation biology." Biological Reviews 92 (2): 993-1010.
- Nelson, D. J., B. Clark, K. Munyard, V. Williams, D. Groth, J. Gill, H. Preston, and A. Chan. 2017. "A review of the importance of immune responses in luminal B breast cancer." Oncoimmunology 6 (3): 1-11.
- Stear, M., K. Fairlie-Clarke, N. Jonsson, B. Mallard, and D. M. Groth. 2017. "Genetic variation in immunity and disease resistance in dairy cows and other livestock." In Achieving Sustainable Production of Milk Webster, J., 1-23 United Kingdom: Burleigh Dodds Science Publishing Limited.
- Yaro, M., K. A. Munyard, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2016. "Combatting African Animal Trypanosomiasis (AAT) in livestock: The potential role of trypanotolerance." Veterinary Parasitology 225: 43-52.
- Porter, T., P. Bharadwaj, D. Groth, A. Paxman, S. M. Laws, R. N. Martins, and G. Verdile. 2016. "The Effects of Latrepirdine on Amyloid-β Aggregation and Toxicity." Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 50 (3): 895-905.
- François, M., M. F. Fenech, P. Thomas, M. Hor, A. Rembach, R. N. Martins, S. R. Rainey-Smith, C. L. Masters, D. Ames, C. C. Rowe, and 74 more contributors. 2016. "High content, multi-parameter analyses in buccal cells to identify alzheimer’s disease." Current Alzheimer Research 13 (7): 787-799.
- Yaro, M., K. A. Munyard, E. Morgan, R. J. Allcock, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2016. "Pooled whole-genome sequencing reveals molecular signatures of natural adaptive selection in Djallonke sheep of Ghana.": OXFORD UNIV PRESS INC.
- Siva Subramaniam, N., E. Morgan, J. Wetherall, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2015. "A comprehensive mapping of the structure and gene organisation in the sheep MHC class I region." BMC Genomics 16 (1): 1-17.
- Galeotti, D. M., M. A. Castalanelli, D. M. Groth, C. Mccullough, and M. Lund. 2015. "Genotypic and morphological variation between Galaxiella nigrostriata (Galaxiidae) populations: Implications for conservation." Marine and Freshwater Research 66 (2): 187-194.
- Schiefer, L., M. Visweswaran, V. Perumal, F. Arfuso, D. Groth, P. Newsholme, S. Warrier, and A. Dharmarajan. 2014. "Epigenetic regulation of the secreted frizzled-related protein family in human glioblastoma multiforme." Cancer Gene Therapy 21: 297-303.
- Brestovac, B., M. E. Wong, P. S. Costantino, and D. Groth. 2014. "A Rapid DNA Extraction Method Suitable for Human Papillomavirus Detection." Journal of Medical Virology 86 (4): 653-657.
- Bharadwaj, P. R., K. A. Bates, T. Porter, E. Teimouri, G. Perry, J. W. Steele, S. Gandy, D. Groth, R. N. Martins, and G. Verdile. 2013. "Latrepirdine: molecular mechanisms underlying potential therapeutic roles in Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases." Translational Psychiatry 3: 1-9.
- Kennington, W. J., O. Berry, D. M. Groth, M. S. Johnson, and R. Melville-Smith. 2013. "Spatial scales of genetic patchiness in the western rock lobster Panulirus cygnus." Marine Ecology Progress Series 486: 213-221.
- Castalanelli, M. A., R. J. Cunningham, M. B. Davis, D. M. Groth, and M. Grimm. 2013. "When genes go wild: highly variable internal transcibed spacer1 and conserved mitochondrial DNA haplotypes used to examine the genetic diversity and dispersal pathways of invasive Hylotrupes bajulus in Western Australia." Agriculultural and Forest Entomolgy 15: 236-244.
- Cowen, S. J., R. J. N. Allcock, S. J. Comer, J. D. Wetherall, and D. M. Groth. 2013. "Identification and characterisation of ten microsatellite loci in the Noisy Scrub-bird Atrichornis clamosus using next-generation sequencing technology." Conservation Genetics Resources 5: 623-635.
- Kennington, W. J., S. A. Cadee, O. Berry, D. M. Groth, M. S. Johnson, and R. Melville-Smith. 2013. "Maintenance of genetic variation and panmixia in the commercially exploited western rock lobster (Panulirus cygnus)." Conservation Genetics 14 (1): 115-124.
- Avdesh, A., M. Chen, M. T. Martin-Iverson, A. Mondal, D. Ong, S. Rainey-Smith, K. Taddei, M. Lardelli, D. M. Groth, G. Verdile, and 1 more contributors. 2012. "Regular Care and Maintenance of a Zebrafish (Danio rerio) Laboratory: An Introduction." Journal of Visualized Experiments 69
- Avdesh, A., M. T. Martin-Iverson, A. Mondal, M. Chen, S. Askraba, N. Morgan, M. Lardelli, D. M. Groth, G. Verdile, and R. N. Martins. 2012. "Evaluation of Color Preference in Zebrafish for Learning and Memory." Journal of Alzheimer's Disease 28: 459-469.
- Subramaniam, N. S., E. Morgan, S. Bottomley, S. Tay, K. Gregg, C. Y. Lee, J. Wetherall, and D. Groth. 2012. "Predictive mutational bioinformatic analysis of variation in the skin and wool associated corneodesmosin (CDSN) gene in sheep." Animal Science Journal 83 (5): 386-393.
- Lee, C. Y., J. Qin, K. A. Munyard, N. S. Subramaniam, J. D. Wetherall, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2012. "Conserved haplotype blocks within the sheep MHC and low SNP heterozygosity in the Class IIa subregion." Animal Genetics 43 (4): 429-437.
- Avdesh, A., M. Chen, M. T. Martin-Iverson, A. Mondal, D. Ong, S. Rainey-Smith, K. Taddei, M. Lardelli, D. M. Groth, G. Verdile, and 1 more contributors. 2012. "Regular care and maintenance of a zebrafish (Danio rerio) laboratory: an introduction." Journal Of Visualized Experiments : Jove 18 (69): 1-8.
- Castalanelli, M. A., A. M. Baker, K. A. Munyard, M. Grimm, and D. M. Groth. 2012. "Molecular phylogeny supports the paraphyletic nature of the genus Trogoderma (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) collected in the Australasian ecozone." Bulletin of Entomological Research 102: 17-28.
- Ledger, J. M., I. Malecki, and D. M. Groth. 2012. "Characterization of tetra-nucleotide microsatellite loci in the ostrich (Struthio camelus)." British Poultry Science 53 (4): 460-464.
- Qin, J., K. Munyard, C. Y. Lee, J. D. Wetherall, and D. M. Groth. 2011. "Characterization of the sheep Complement Factor B gene (CFB)." Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology 140 (1-2): 170-174.
- Lee, C. Y., K. A. Munyard, K. Gregg, J. D. Wetherall, M. J. Stear, and D. M. Groth. 2011. "The Influence of MHC and Immunoglobulins A and E on Host Resistance to Gastrointestinal Nematodes in Sheep." journal of Parasitology Research 2011
- Castalanelli, M. A., K. M. Mikac, A. M. Baker, K. Munyard, M. Grimm, and D. M. Groth. 2011. "Multiple incursions and putative species revealed using a mitochondrial and nuclear phylogenetic approach to the Trogoderma variabile (Coleoptera: Dermestidae) trapping program in Australia." Bulletin of Entomological Research 101 (3): 333-343.
- Castalanelli, M. A., D. L. Severtson, C. J. Brumley, A. Szito, R. G. Foottit, M. Grimm, K. Munyard, and D. M. Groth. 2010. "A rapid non-destructive DNA extraction method for insects and other arthropods." Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology 13 (3): 243-248.
- Subramaniam, N. S., E. F. Morgan, C. Y. Lee, J. D. Wetherall, and D. M. Groth. 2010. "Polymorphism of sheep MHC Class IIb gene TAPASIN." Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology 137 (1-2): 176-180.
- Kennington, W. J., E. Levy, O. Berry, D. M. Groth, A. M. Waite, M. S. Johnson, and R. Melville-Smith. 2010. "Characterization of 18 polymorphic microsatellite loci for the western rock lobster Panulirus cygnus." Conservation Genetics Resources 2 (Supplement 1): 389-391.
- Groth, D. M., F. Lim, S. N. de Lestang, N. Beale, and R. Melville-Smith. 2009. "Characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci in the western rock lobster (Panulirus cygnus)." Conservation Genetics Resources 1 (1): 163-166.
- Munyard, K. A., J. M. Ledger, C. Y. Lee, C. Babra, and D. M. Groth. 2009. "Characterization and multiplex genotyping of alpaca tetranucleotide microsatellite markers." Small Ruminant Research 85: 153-156.
- Krishnaswamy, S., G. Verdile, D. Groth, L. Kanyenda, and R. N. Martins. 2009. "The structure and function of Alzheimer's gamma secretase enzyme complex." Critical Reviews in Clinical laboratory Sciences 46 (5): 282-301.
- Groth, D., K. Gregg, and K. Munyard. 2009. "Detection of DNA Sequence Motifs in Rumina
- Munyard, K., J. Ledger, C. Lee, C. Babra, and D. Groth. 2009. "Isolation and Characterization of Alpaca Tetranucleotide Microsatellite Markers." In Association for the Advancement of Animal Breeding and Genetics 18th Biennial Conference, Sep 28, 2009, Barossa Valley, South Australia: Association for the Advancement of Animal Breeding and Genetics.
- Groth, D., F. Lim, S. de lestang, N. Beale, and R. Smith. 2009. "Characterization of polymorphic loci for the western rock lobster (Panulirus cygnus)." In Fisheries Research Report: Investigating Reproductive Biology Issues Relevant to Managing the Western Rock Lobster Broodstock 193., 88-91 Perth, Western Australia: Fisheries Department of Western Australia.
- Smith, R., S. de lestang, D. Groth, and N. Beale. 2009. "Use of microsatellite loci to establish mating choice and growth rates of western rock lobsters (Panulirus cygnus)." In Investigating Reproductive Biology Issues Relevant to Managing the Western Rock Lobster Broodstock 193., 92-100 Perth, Western Australia: Fisheries Department of Western Australia.
- Qin, J., C. Mamotte, N. E. Cockett, J. D. Wetherall, and D. M. Groth. 2008. "A map of the class III region of the sheep major histocompatibilty complex." BMC Genomics 9 (409)
- Carvalho, F., I. R. Dadour, D. M. Groth, and M. L. Harvey. 2005. "Isolation and Detection of Ingested DNA From the Immature Stages of Calliphora dubia (Diptera: Calliphoridae): A Forensically Important Blowfly." Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology 1 (4): 261-265.
- Carvalho, F., I. Dadour, D. Groth, and M. Harvey. 2005. "Isolation and detection of ingested DNA from the immature stages of Calliphora dubia (Diptera: Calliphoridae): A forensically important blowfly." Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology 1 (4): 261-265.
- Carter, T. L., G. Verdile, D. Groth, A. Bogush, S. Thomas, P. Shen, P. E. Fraser, P. Mathews, R. A. Nixon, M. E. Ehrlich, and 7 more contributors. 2004. "Alzheimer amyloid precursor aspartyl proteinase activity in CHAPSO homogenates of Spodoptera frugiperda cells." Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders 18 (4): 261-263.
- Urwin, D. L., G. T. F. Schwenger, D. M. Groth, and C. J. Sanderson. 2004. "Distal regulatory elements play an important role in regulation of the human IL-5 gene." European Journal of Immunology 34: 3633-3643.
- Verdile, G., D. Groth, P. M. Mathews, P. St George-Hyslop, P. E. Fraser, T. V. Ramabhadran, J. B. J. Kwok, P. R. Schofield, T. Carter, S. Gandy, and 1 more contributors. 2004. "Baculoviruses expressing the human familial Alzheimer's disease presenilin 1 mutation lacking exon 9 increase levels of an amyloid beta like protein in Sf9 cells." Molecular Psychiatry 9: 594-602.
- Veurink, G., D. Liu, K. Taddei, G. Perry, M. A. Smith, T. A. Robertson, E. Hone, D. M. Groth, C. S. Atwood, and R. N. Martins. 2003. "Reduction of Inclusion Body Pathology in ApoE-deficient Mice Fed a Combination of Antioxidants." Free Radical Biology and Medicine 34 (8): 1070-1077.
- Laws, S. M., R. M. Clarnette, K. Taddei, G. Martins, A. Paton, J. Hallmayer, O. P. Almeida, D. M. Groth, S. E. Gandy, H. Forstl, and 1 more contributors. 2002. "APOE-E4 and APOE-491A polymorphisms in individuals with subjective memory loss." Molecular Psychiatry 7 (7): 768-775.
- Hammond, E. L., A. J. Lymbery, G. B. Martin, D. Groth, and J. D. Wetherall. 2002. "Microsatellite analysis of genetic diversity in wild and farmed emus (Dromaius novaehollandiae)." Journal of Heredity 93 (5): 376-380.
- Hedley, R., J. Hallmayer, D. M. Groth, W. S. Brooks, S. E. Gandy, and R. N. Martins. 2002. "Association of interleukin-1 polymorphisms with Alzheimer's disease in Australia." Annals of Neurology 51 (6): 795-797.
- Hedley, R., R. N. Martins, D. M. Groth, J. Hallmayer, and L. H. Schmitt. 2002. "Association of Interleukin-1 gene polymorphisms and Alzheimer's disease." HOMO-JOURNAL OF COMPARATIVE HUMAN BIOLOGY 53 (2): 183-183.
- Taylor, E. L., D. Blache, D. Groth, J. D. Wetherall, and G. B. Martin. 2000. "Genetic evidence for mixed parentage in nests of the emu (Dromaius novaehollandiae)." Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology 47 (5): 359-364.
- Taylor, E. L., P. Vercoe, J. Cockrem, D. Groth, J. D. Wetherall, and G. B. Martin. 1999. "Isolation and characterization of microsatellite loci in the emu, Dromaius novaehollandiae, and cross-species amplification within Ratitae." Molecular Ecology 8 (11): 1963-1964.
- Hopkins, R. M., C. C. Constantine, D. A. Groth, J. D. Wetherall, J. A. Reynoldson, and R. C. A. Thompson. 1999. "PCR-based DNA fingerprinting of Giardia duodenalis isolates using the intergenic rDNA spacer." Parasitology 118 (6): 531-539.
- Hopkins, R. M., B. P. Meloni, D. M. Groth, J. D. Wetherall, J. A. Reynoldson, and R. C. A. Thompson. 1997. "Ribosomal RNA sequencing reveals differences between the genotypes of Giardia isolates recovered from humans and dogs living in the same locality." Journal of Parasitology 83 (1): 44-51.
- Imgrund, J., D. Groth, and J. Wetherall. 1997. "Genetic analysis of the freshwater crayfish Cherax tenuimanus."
- Masters, A. M., T. M. Ellis, and D. Groth. 1997. "Difference between lambs with chronic and mild dermatophilosis in frequency of alleles of CD3." Veterinary Microbiology 57 (4): 337-345.
- Groth, D. M., and J. D. Wetherall. 1995. "Dinucleotide repeat polymorphism adjacent to sheep complement Factor B." Animal Genetics 26 (4): 282-283.
- Groth, D. M., and J. D. Wetherall. 1994. "Dinucleotide repeat polymorphism within the ovine major histocompatibility complex class I region." Animal Genetics 25 (1): 61-61.
- Groth, D. M., and J. D. Wetherall. 1994. "Dinucleotide repeat polymorphism within the ovine major histocompatibility complex class I region." Animal Genetics 25 (1)
- Wei, M. Q., D. M. Groth, A. H. W. Mendis, J. Sampson, J. D. Wetherall, and W. B. Grubb. 1992. "Typing of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with an M13 repeat probe." Journal of Hospital Infection 20 (4): 233-245.
- Laing, N. G., B. T. Majda, P. A. Akkari, M. G. Layton, J. C. Mulley, H. Phillips, E. A. Haan, S. J. White, A. H. Beggs, L. M. Kunkel, and 7 more contributors. 1992. "Assignment of a gene (NEM1) for autosomal dominant nemaline myopathy to chromosome I." American Journal of Human Genetics 50 (3): 576-583.
- HALL, G., D. GROTH, and J. WETHERALL. 1992. "Application of DNA profiling to the management of endangered species." International Zoo Yearbook 31 (1): 103-108.
- Groth, D. M., E. Lintorn-Terry, P. Outteridge, R. G. Windon, and J. D. Wetherall. 1990. "Taql RFLP polymorphism of the ovine complement component C4 gene." Nucleic Acids Research 18 (10)
- Groth, D. M., E. Lintorn-Terry, L. Taylor, M. Carrick, and J. D. Wetherall. 1990. "EcoRI and bamHI RFLP polymorphism of bovine complement c4 gene." Nucleic Acids Research 18 (10)
- Groth, D. M., J. D. Wetherall, L. Taylor, P. R. Sparrow, and I. R. Lee. 1988. "Purification and characterisation of ovine C4: Evidence for two molecular forms in ovine plasma." Molecular Immunology 25 (6): 577-584.
- Groth, D. M., J. D. Wetherall, and B. A. Umotong. 1987. "Purification and characterization of the fourth component of bovine complement." Complement 4 (1): 1-11.
- Groth, D. M., J. D. Wetherall, P. M. Outteridge, R. G. Windon, B. Richards, and I. R. Lee. 1987. "Analysis of C3 and C4 in ovine plasma." Complement 4 (1): 12-30.
- GROTH, D. M., J. D. WETHERALL, P. OUTERRIDGE, and M. J. STEAR. 1987. "Class I major histocompatibility complex antigens and C4 concentrations in sheep plasma." Animal Genetics 18 (2): 187-191.
- Kloster, B. E., R. H. Tomar, J. A. Stockman, H. V. Lamberson, S. A. Merl, P. A. John, D. M. Groth, and B. J. Poiesz. 1985. "Antibodies to human T-cell lymphotropic virus-I membrane antigens and inverted T4/T8 ratios in hemophiliacs." American Journal of Clinical Pathology 83 (4): 450-456.
- Groth, D. M., J. D. Wetherall, M. J. Carrick, D. Townend, and I. R. Lee. 1985. "Distribution of complement protein C4 concentrations in bovine plasma." Animal Blood Groups and Biochemical Genetics 16 (3): 193-203.