Professor Lorna Rosenwax is the Deputy Pro Vice-Chancellor of the Faculty of Health Sciences. Professor Rosenwax stepped into the role in 2014 after 8.5 years as the Head, School of Occupational Therapy and Social Work at Curtin University. Prior to this she was the Sub Dean (Health Sciences) in the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences at The University of Western Australia for four years.
BAppSc(OT)(Distinction)(WAIT), PGradDipHlthSc(Distinction)(Curtin), MSc(Curtin), PhD(UWA)
- Cocks, E., A. Thomson, S. Thoresen, R. Parsons, and L. Rosenwax. 2018. "Factors that affect the perceived health of adults with intellectual disability: A Western Australian study." Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability 43 (3): 339-350.
- Keesing, S., L. Rosenwax, and B. McNamara. 2018. "The implications of women's activity limitations and role disruptions during breast cancer survivorship." Womens Health (Lond) 14 (xx): 1-11.
- Keesing, S., L. Rosenwax, and B. McNamara.. "Identifying the contribution of occupational therapy in meeting the needs of women survivors of breast cancer." British Journal of Occupational Therapy xx (xx). Inpress.
- Brameld, K., K. Spilsbury, L. Rosenwax, K. Murray, and J. Semmens. 2017. "Issues using linkage of hospital records and death certificate data to determine the size of a potential palliative care population." Palliative Medicine 31 (6): 537-543.
- Spilsbury, K., L. Rosenwax, G. Arendts, and J. B. Semmens. 2017. "The Association of Community-Based Palliative Care With Reduced Emergency Department Visits in the Last Year of Life Varies by Patient Factors." Annals of Emergency Medicine 69 (4): 416-425.
- Spilsbury, K., L. Rosenwax, G. Arendts, and J. B. Semmens. 2017. "The impact of community-based palliative care on acute hospital use in the last year of life is modified by time to death, age and underlying cause of death. A population-based retrospective cohort study." Plos ONE 12 (9)
- Spilsbury, K., and L. Rosenwax. 2017. "Community-based specialist palliative care is associated with reduced hospital costs for people with non-cancer conditions during the last year of life." BMC PALLIATIVE CARE 16
- Cocks, E., A. Thomson, S. Thoresen, R. Parsons, and L. Rosenwax. 2016. "Health status and use of medications by adults with intellectual disability in Western Australia." Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability 41 (2): 87-96.
- Rosenwax, L., K. Spilsbury, B. A. McNamara, and J. B. Semmens. 2016. "A retrospective population based cohort study of access to specialist palliative care in the last year of life: who is still missing out a decade on?." BMC Palliat Care 15 (1)
- Same, A., E. A. L. Lee, B. McNamara, and L. Rosenwax. 2016. "The Value of a Gardening Service for the Frail Elderly and People With a Disability Living in the Community." Home Health Care Management And Practice 28 (4): 256-261.
- McNamara, B., L. Rosenwax, E. Lee, and A. Same. 2016. "Evaluation of a healthy ageing intervention for frail older people living in the community." Australasian Journal on Ageing 35 (1): 30-35.
- Britton, L., L. Rosenwax, and B. Mcnamara. 2016. "Occupational therapy in Australian acute hospitals: A modified practice." Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 63 (4): 257-265.
- Keesing, S., L. Rosenwax, and B. McNamara. 2016. "A dyadic approach to understanding the impact of breast cancer on relationships between partners during early survivorship." BMC Women's Health 16 (1): 57-57.
- Brewer, M. L., and L. Rosenwax. 2016. "Can interprofessional practice solve the vexing question of 'What is occupational therapy'?." Aust Occup Ther J 63 (4): 221-222.
- Britton, L., L. Rosenwax, and B. Mcnamara. 2015. "Occupational therapy practice in acute physical hospital settings: Evidence from a scoping review." Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 62 (6): 370-377.
- Keesing, S., B. McNamara, and L. Rosenwax. 2015. "Cancer survivors' experiences of using survivorship care plans: a systematic review of qualitative studies." Journal of Cancer Survivorship 9 (2): 260-268.
- Rosenwax, L., K. Spilsbury, G. Arendts, B. McNamara, and J. Semmens. 2015. "Community-based palliative care is associated with reduced emergency department use by people with dementia in their last year of life: A retrospective cohort study." Palliative Medicine 29 (8): 727-736.
- Davidson, J. W., B. McNamara, L. Rosenwax, A. Lange, S. Jenkins, and G. Lewin. 2014. "Evaluating the potential of group singing to enhance the well-being of older people." Australasian Journal on Ageing 33 (2): 99-104.
- Rosenwax, L., S. Malajczuk, and M. Ciccarelli. 2014. "Change in carers' activities after the death of their partners." Supportive Care in Cancer 22: 619-626.
- McNamara, B. A., L. K. Rosenwax, K. Murray, and D. C. Currow. 2013. "Early Admission to Community-Based Palliative Care Reduces Use of Emergency Departments in the Ninety Days before Death." Journal of Palliative Medicine 16 (7): 774-779.
- Cocks, E., and L. Rosenwax.. "What is known about the health status and service use of adults with intellectual disabilities in Australia?." Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 56 (7-8). Inpress.
- Krahn, G. L., H. Ouellette-Kuntz, E. Emerson, G. Glover, E. Cocks, and L. Rosenwax.. "Advances in health surveillance among persons with intellectual disabilities." Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 56 (7-8). Inpress.
- Rosenwax, L. K., B. A. McNamara, K. Murray, R. J. McCabe, S. M. Aoun, and D. C. Currow. 2011. "Hospital and emergency department use in the last year of life: a baseline for future modifications to end-of -life care." Medical Journal of Australia 194 (11): 570-573.
- Keesing, S., L. Rosenwax, and B. McNamara. 2011. "'Doubly deprived': a post-death qualitative study of primary carers of people who died in Western Australia." Health and Social Care in the Community 19 (6): 636-644.
- Keesing, S., and L. Rosenwax. 2011. "Is occupation missing from occupational therapy in palliative care?." Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 58 (5): 329-336.
- McNamara, B., and L. Rosenwax. 2010. "Which carers of family members at the end of life need more support from health services and why?." Social Science and Medicine 70: 1035-1041.
- Hall, B., H. Lee, R. Page, L. Rosenwax, and A. H. Lee. 2010. "Comparing three postoperative treatment protocols for extensor tendon repair in zones V and VI of the hand." American Journal of Occupational Therapy 64 (5): 682-688.
- Rosenwax, L., N. Gribble, and H. Margaria. 2010. "GRACE: An Innovative Program of Clinical Education in Allied Health." Journal of Allied Health 39 (1)
- Rosenwax, L., B. McNamara, and R. Zilkens. 2009. "A population-based retrospective cohort study comparing care for Western Australians with and without Alzheimer's disease in the last year of life." Health and Social Care in the Community 17 (1): 36-44.
- Mills, C., J. Heyworth, L. Rosenwax, S. Carr, and M. Rosenberg. 2009. "Factors associated with the academic success of first year Health Science students." Advances in Health Sciences Education 14 (2): 205-217.
- Lee, H., T. Falkmer, L. Rosenwax, R. Cordell, A. Granger, and A. Lee. 2008. "Validity of driving simulator in assessing drivers with Parkinson's Disease." Advances in Transportation Studies: an International Journal 0: 81-90.
- Jiwa, M., C. M. Saunders, S. C. Thompson, L. K. Rosenwax, S. Sargant, E. L. Khong, G. K. B. Halkett, G. Sutherland, H. C. Ee, T. L. Packer, and 2 more contributors. 2008. "Timely cancer diagnosis and management as a chronic condition: opportunities for primary care." Medical Journal of Australia 189 (2): 78-82.
- McNamara, B., and L. Rosenwax. 2007. "Factors Affecting Place of Death in Western Australia." Health & Place 13: 356-367.
- McNamara, B., and L. Rosenwax. 2007. "Specialist Palliative Care Use for People Dying of Cancer in Western Australia." Cancer Forum 31 (1): 18-22.
- McNamara, B., and L. Rosenwax. 2007. "The Mismanagement of Dying." Health Sociology Review 16 (5): 373-383.
- McNamara, B., L. K. Rosenwax, and C. D. J. Holman. 2006. "A method for defining and estimating the palliative care population." Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 32 (1): 5-12.
- Rosenwax, L. K., and B. A. McNamara. 2006. "Who receives palliative care in Western Australia and who misses out." Palliative Medicine 20 (4): 439-445.
- Rosenwax, L. K., B. McNamara, A. M. Blackmore, and C. D. J. Holman. 2005. "Estimating the size of a potential palliative care population." Palliative Medicine 19 (7): 556-562.
- Rosenwax, L. K., J. B. Semmens, and C. D. J. Holman. 2001. "Is occupational therapy in danger of 'ad-hocery'? An application of evidence-based guidelines to the treatment of acute low back pain." Australian Occupational Therapy Journal 48: 181-186.