Katarina joined curtin as a Curtin Research Fellow in 2015. In 2018, she became an ARC DECRA Fellow at Curtin University.
Prior to joining Curtin, Katarina was a postdoctoral research associate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2014-2015) in USA, Institute de Physique du Globe de Paris (2012-2014) in France, and Imperial College London (2011-2012) in UK. She graduated in astrophysics from the University of Belgrade in Serbia in 2006, and was awarded PhD from the Open University in UK in 2010.
In 2018, Katarina was awarded the Australian L'Oreal-UNESCO for Women in Science fellowship, and she was a finalist for the WA Premier's Science Awards in the early career scientist category. In 2019, Katarina was awarded the 2019 WA Tall Poppy Young Scientist of the Year award.
Katarina is a planetary scientist with expertise in numerical and experimental impact physics. She is also involved with data analysis from space missions. Katarina's research focuses on understanding of geophysics of planetary bodies, including the Earth, through impact processes, as well as cratering mechanics, and shock physics applied to geologic materials.
- Garrick-Bethell, I., K. Miljkovic, H. Hiesinger, C. H. van der Bogert, M. Laneuville, D. L. Shuster, and D. G. Korycansky. 2020. "Troctolite 76535: A sample of the Moon's South Pole-Aitken basin?." Icarus 338
- Zhu, C., S. Góbi, M. J. Abplanalp, R. Frigge, J. J. Gillis-Davis, G. Dominguez, K. Miljkovic, and R. I. Kaiser. 2020. "Regenerative water sources on surfaces of airless bodies." Nature Astronomy 4 (1): 45-52.
- Lemelin, M., P. G. Lucey, K. Miljkovic, L. R. Gaddis, T. Hare, and M. Ohtake. 2019. "The compositions of the lunar crust and upper mantle: Spectral analysis of the inner rings of lunar impact basins." Planetary and Space Science 165: 230-243.
- Cox, M. A., A. Cavosie, L. Ferriere, N. E. Timms, P. A. Bland, K. Miljkovic, T. M. Erickson, and B. Hess.. "Shocked Quartz in Polymict Impact Breccia from the Upper Cretaceous Yallalie Impact Structure in Western Australia." Meteoritics and Planetary Science 54 Inpress.
- Cox, M. A., A. Cavosie, P. Bland, K. Miljkovic, and M. Wingate. 2019. "REPLY: Microstructure dynamics of central uplifts: Reidite offset by zircon twins at the Woodleigh impact structure, Australia." GEOLOGY 47 (5): e466-e466.
- Cox, M. A., A. J. Cavosie, P. A. Bland, K. Miljković, and M. T. D. Wingate. 2019. "Microstructural dynamics of central uplifts: Reidite offset by zircon twins at the Woodleigh impact structure, Australia." Geology 47 (5): e466-e466.
- Zhu, C., S. Gobi, M. Abplanalp, R. Frigge, J. Gillis-Davis, G. Dominguez, K. Miljkovic, and R. Kaiser. 2019. "Regenerative water sources on surfaces of airless bodies." In Fall National Meeting and Exposition of the American-Chemical-Society (ACS), Aug 25, 2019, San Diego, CA: AMER CHEMICAL SOC.
- Johnson, T. E., N. J. Gardiner, K. Miljkovic, C. J. Spencer, C. L. Kirkland, P. A. Bland, and H. Smithies. 2018. "An impact melt origin for Earth’s oldest known evolved rocks." Nature Geoscience 11 (10): 795-799.
- Kenkmann, T., A. S. P. Rae, A. J. Cavosie, M. A. Cox, N. Timms, and K. Miljkovic. 2018. "THE CENTRAL UPLIFT OF GOSSES BLUFF, NORTHERN TERRITORY, AUSTRALIA." In 81st Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical-Society, Jul 22, 2018, Moscow, RUSSIA: WILEY.
- Cox, M. A., A. J. Cavosie, K. Miljkovic, P. A. Bland, T. Kenkmann, and Z. N. P. Hoskins. 2018. "Characterisation of Shock Deformation at the Spider Impact Structure, Western Australia." In 81st Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical-Society, Jul 22, 2018, Moscow, RUSSIA: WILEY.
- Miljkovic, K., I. Gerrick-Bethell, and S. C. Werner. 2018. "SHOCK AND DEFORMATION HISTORY OF THE ANCIENT LUNAR CRUST BASED ON NUMERICAL IMPACT MODELLING AND IMPACT STATISTICS." In 81st Annual Meeting of the Meteoritical-Society, Jul 22, 2018, Moscow, RUSSIA: WILEY.
- Cox, M. A., A. Cavosie, P. A. Bland, K. Miljkovic, and M. T. D. Wingate. 2018. "Microstructural dynamics of central uplifts: Reidite offset by zircon twins at the Woodleigh impact structure, Australia." GEOLOGY 46: 983-986.
- Karakostas, F., V. Rakoto, P. Lognonne, C. Larmat, I. Daubar, and K. Miljkovic. 2018. "Inversion of Meteor Rayleigh Waves on Earth and Modeling of Air Coupled Rayleigh Waves on Mars." Space Science Reviews 214
- Daubar, I., P. Lognonné, N. A. Teanby, K. Miljkovic, J. Stevanović, J. Vaubaillon, B. Kenda, T. Kawamura, J. Clinton, A. Lucas, and 27 more contributors. 2018. "Impact-Seismic Investigations of the InSight Mission." Space Science Reviews 214 (8)
- Miljković, K., M. Lemelin, and P. G. Lucey. 2017. "Depth of Origin of the Peak (Inner) Ring in Lunar Impact Basins." Geophysical Research Letters 44: 10,140-10,146.
- Miljković, K., G. S. Collins, M. A. Wieczorek, B. C. Johnson, J. M. Soderblom, G. A. Neumann, and M. T. Zuber. 2016. "Subsurface morphology and scaling of lunar impact basins." Journal of Geophysical Research: Planets 121 (9): 1695-1712.
- Johnson, B. C., D. M. Blair, G. S. Collins, H. J. Melosh, A. M. Freed, G. J. Taylor, J. W. Head, M. A. Wieczorek, J. C. Andrews-Hanna, F. Nimmo, and 4 more contributors. 2016. "Formation of the Orientale lunar multiring basin." Science 354 (6311): 441-444.
- Zuber, M. T., D. E. Smith, G. A. Neumann, S. Goossens, J. C. Andrews-Hanna, J. W. Head, W. S. Kiefer, S. W. Asmar, A. S. Konopliv, F. G. Lemoine, and 18 more contributors. 2016. "Gravity field of the orientale basin from the gravity recovery and interior laboratory mission." Science 354 (6311): 438-441.
- Miljkovic, K., M. A. Wieczorek, G. S. Collins, S. C. Solomon, D. E. Smith, and M. T. Zuber. 2015. "Excavation of the lunar mantle by basin-forming events on the Moon." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 409: 243-251.
- Neumann, G. A., M. T. Zuber, M. A. Wieczorek, J. W. Head, D. M. Baker, S. C. Solomon, D. E. Smith, F. G. Lemoine, E. Mazarico, T. J. Sabaka, and 12 more contributors. 2015. "Lunar impact basins revealed by Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory measurements." Sci Adv 1 (9): e1500852-e1500852.
- Kuchta, M., G. Tobie, K. Miljkovic, M. Běhounková, O. Souček, G. Choblet, and O. Čadek. 2015. "Despinning and shape evolution of Saturn's moon Iapetus triggered by a giant impact." Icarus 252: 454-465.
- Gudkova, T., P. Lognonné, K. Miljkovic, and J. Gagnepain-Beyneix. 2015. "Impact cutoff frequency - Momentum scaling law inverted from Apollo seismic data." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 427: 57-65.
- Soderblom, J. M., A. J. Evans, B. C. Johnson, H. J. Melosh, K. Miljkovic, R. J. Phillips, J. C. Andrews-Hanna, C. J. Bierson, J. W. Head, C. Milbury, and 7 more contributors. 2015. "The fractured Moon: Production and saturation of porosity in the lunar highlands from impact cratering." Geophysical Research Letters 42 (17): 6939-6944.
- Price, M. C., N. K. Ramkissoon, S. McMahon, K. Miljković, J. Parnell, P. J. Wozniakiewicz, A. T. Kearsley, N. J. F. Blamey, M. J. Cole, and M. J. Burchell. 2014. "Limits on methane release and generation via hypervelocity impact of Martian analogue materials." International Journal Of Astrobiology 13 (2): 132-140.
- Miljković, K., M. A. Wieczorek, G. S. Collins, M. Laneuville, G. A. Neumann, H. J. Melosh, S. C. Solomon, R. J. Phillips, D. E. Smith, and M. T. Zuber. 2013. "Asymmetric distribution of lunar impact basins caused by variations in target properties." Science 342 (6159): 724-726.
- Miljkovic, K., G. S. Collins, S. Mannick, and P. A. Bland. 2013. "Morphology and population of binary asteroid impact craters." Earth and Planetary Science Letters 363: 121-132.
- Smith, A., I. A. Crawford, R. A. Gowen, R. Ambrosi, M. Anand, B. Banerdt, N. Bannister, N. Bowles, C. Braithwaite, P. Brown, and 51 more contributors. 2012. "Lunar Net-a proposal in response to an ESA M3 call in 2010 for a medium sized mission." Experimental Astronomy 33 (2-3): 587-644.
- Miljković, K., J. K. Hillier, N. J. Mason, and J. C. Zarnecki. 2012. "Models of dust around Europa and Ganymede." Planetary And Space Science 70 (1): 20-27.
- Miljković, K., G. S. Collins, D. J. Chapman, M. R. Patel, and W. G. Proud. 2012. "High-velocity impacts in porous solar system materials." In SHOCK COMPRESSION OF CONDENSED MATTER - 2011, Jun 26, 2011, Chicago, Illinois
- Cockell, C. S., E. Bagshaw, M. Balme, P. Doran, C. P. McKay, K. Miljkovic, D. Pearce, M. J. Siegert, M. Tranter, M. Voytek, and 1 more contributors. 2011. "Subglacial environments and the search for life beyond the earth." In Antarctic Subglacial Aquatic Environments Siegart, M. J., M. C. Kennicutt, and R. A. Bindschadler., 129-148 Washington, DC, USA: American Geophysical Union.
- Gowen, R. A., A. Smith, A. D. Fortes, S. Barber, P. Brown, P. Church, G. Collinson, A. J. Coates, G. Collins, I. A. Crawford, and 37 more contributors. 2011. "Penetrators for in situ subsurface investigations of Europa." In Europa Lander workshop, Moscow, Russia
- Miljković, K., N. J. Mason, and J. C. Zarnecki. 2011. "Ejecta fragmentation in impacts into gypsum and water ice." Icarus 214 (2): 739-747.
- Ai, B. C., H. Allaway, F. M. Asrar, L. Bo, M. Parra Borderías, G. A. Byberg, C. Davies, E. Delvoye, U. Garcia Feijoo, G. Genaro, and 33 more contributors. 2010. "International systems, missions and programs to support 21st century carbon cycle monitoring requirements."
- Miljkovic, K. 2008. "Investigation of Europa biosignatures via hypervelocity impact physics.": CAMBRIDGE UNIV PRESS.
- Miljković, K., E. A. Taylor, K. Tsembelis, W. G. Proud, C. S. Cockell, and J. C. Zarnecki. 2007. "Impact pressures generated by spherical particle hypervelocity impact on yorkshire sandstone."