Daniel coordinates the ARC Linkage Project - Reducing health disparities for culturally and linguistically diverse people.
He holds a Doctorate in Population Health and a Master's in Development Studies from the University of Oxford where he was a WA Rhodes Scholar. Daniel's doctoral research examined the use of evidence in the development of tobacco control policies for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Daniel's professional experiences include working as a Senior Policy Officer for the WA Department of Health (Sexual Health and Blood-borne Virus Program, Aboriginal portfolio) and as a project coordinator for the Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia. Daniel was also employed as a sessional academic in the University of Notre Dame School of Medicine, and has been a researcher for the Oxford Young Lives Project and the British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group.
DPhil (Oxon), MPhil (Oxon), LLB/BA (UWA)
2016 - 2018 Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia
2016 - 2017 University of Notre Dame (School of Medicine)
2014 - 2016 Department of Health, Western Australia
- Blood-borne viruses
- Sexual health
- Child and adolescent health
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Evidence-based policy making
- Vujcich, D. L., S. Toussaint, and D. B. Mak. 2020. "“[It’s] more than just medicine”: The value and sustainability of mandatory, non-clinical, short-term rural placements in a Western Australian medical school." Medical Teacher 42 (5): 543-549.
- Vujcich, D., S. Wangda, M. Roberts, R. Lobo, B. Maycock, C. Kulappu Thanthirige, and A. Reid.. "Modes of administering sexual health and blood-borne virus surveys in migrant populations: A scoping review." PLOS ONE 15 (8). Inpress.
- Vujcich, D., J. Thomas, K. Crawford, and J. Ward. 2018. "Indigenous Youth Peer-Led Health Promotion in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States: A Systematic Review of the Approaches, Study Designs, and Effectiveness." Frontiers in Public Health 6
- Vujcich, D., M. Lyford, C. Bellottie, D. Bessarab, and S. Thompson. 2018. "Yarning quiet ways: Aboriginal carers' views on talking to youth about sexuality and relationships." HEALTH PROMOTION JOURNAL OF AUSTRALIA 29 (1): 39-45.
- Vujcich, D. 2017. "Editorial: Evidence-Based Public Health: Why, What and How." FRONTIERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH 5
- Vujcich, D., M. Rayner, S. Allender, and R. Fitzpatrick. 2016. "When There is not Enough Evidence and When Evidence Is Not Enough: an Australian Indigenous Smoking Policy study." FRONTIERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH 4
- Vujcich, D., N. Hadland, B. Sullivan, S. Clews, K. Kerry, and D. Mak. 2015. "Why HITnet kiosks didn't hit the mark for sexual health education of Western Australian Aboriginal youth." Australian Indigenous Health Bulletin 15
- Morrow, V., I. Barnett, and D. Vujcich. 2014. "Understanding the causes and consequences of injuries to adolescents growing up in poverty in Ethiopia, Andhra Pradesh (India), Vietnam and Peru: a mixed method study." HEALTH POLICY AND PLANNING 29 (1): 67-75.
- Vujcich, D. 2007. "Faith, Flight and Foreign Policy: Effects of war and migration on Western Australian Bosnian Muslims." Australian Journal of Social Issues 42