The Graduate Research School manages a number of scholarship schemes that provide financial assistance to support students while they are undertaking a higher degree by research. Scholarships are provided to assist recipients via the provision of a living stipend or a tuition fee offset, or a combination of both.
Scholarship opportunities are available throughout the year for both domestic and international applicants. Eligibility requirements for scholarships vary. You can check if you’re eligible on our Scholarships website.
You can also sign up to a scholarship email alert to receive an email when a scholarship matching your criteria becomes available.
The Research Training Program (RTP) is an Australian Government–funded scholarship scheme that provides funding support for both domestic and international students undertaking higher degrees by research.
The RTP Scholarship Procedures set out information surrounding the processes and conditions for the scholarship. All applicants and recipients should familiarise themselves with these procedures.
The Aberdeen-Curtin Alliance offers students the opportunity to undertake an international collaborative PhD in projects across a broad range of focus areas including energy and engineering, health and medicine, and business. View projects and find out how to apply.
Research scholarship conditions of award are located on the Scholarships website.
- Application for Scholarship Extension [.pdf – 203kB]
- Guidelines for research proposal (submitted as part of an Application for Admission)
- Curriculum Vitae Template (No. 2 – submitted as part of an Application for Admission) [.pdf – 132kB]
- Overseas Travel Data Collection [.pdf – 115kB]
- Payment Starting Advice [.pdf – 63kB]
- Referee Report (for competitive scholarship applications) [.pdf – 208kB]