Where relevant, guidelines associated with the below forms are located on the student policies and procedures page. This section contains student forms only; staff should refer to the Research section of the Staff Portal.
To access the documents in pdf format download Adobe Reader.
Annual Progress Reports
Annual progress reports enable you and your Thesis Committee to assess the progress of your research project and plan the next stage of your research. They are also the means by which you justify to the University the continuation of your research project and your continued enrolment.
It is recommended that users download the two following editable forms rather than editing them in their browser.
To download – right click on the link and, depending on browser, select either “Save link as”, “Save target as”, or “Download”.
To edit – open from the location where the document was saved.
- Application for candidacy / Conversion of candidacy [.pdf — 2MB]
- Appendix A – Higher Degree by Research Consumables Allowance Budget Proposal [.pdf — 632kB]
Note: Appendix A is a stand alone document for students who have recently submitted for candidacy using the previous iteration of the Application for Candidacy/Conversion of Candidacy form.
- Request for Extension of Time to Submit Application for Candidacy [.pdf — 91kB]
- Chairperson’s report on candidacy seminar [.pdf — 49kB]
Conference support and travel approval
Applications for Conference Support should be applied for in conjunction with travel approval. For approval of any Curtin travel, please complete the online Student Travel Form. In completing the form you will be prompted as to whether your wish to use your Doctoral Conference Allowance and/or your Consumables Allowance to fund your travel.
Digital thesis submission
- Submission of digital theses [.pdf — 181kB]
Enrolment and change of enrolment
- Enrolment/Enrolment Amendment form [.pdf — 160kB]
- Request for extension of time to submit thesis [.pdf — 70kB]
- Application for Leave of Absence [.pdf — 125kB]
- Collaborative PhD Campus Transfer [.pdf — 129kB]
Note: The Collaborative PhD Campus Transfer form is only to be utilised by students who are enrolled in a Collaborative PhD Program at Curtin University and commence enrolment from an offshore location.
For further information about Leave of Absence, Annual Leave or Sick Leave see the During Candidacy section of the Guidelines for research students.
- Consumables and Fieldwork Expense Application [.pdf – 104kB]
Note: This is application form is only to be used by students who have achieved candidacy prior to 1 July 2015. Students achieving candidacy on or after 1 July 2015 should refer to the student guidelines surrounding the HDR Student Consumables Allowance in the section mentioned below.
For further information about essential facilities, refer to the Essential facilities section in Student policies and procedures.
Thesis chapters must be submitted through Turnitin for originality checking, prior to submission of the thesis to the Thesis Examinations Office.
- Thesis Title Page Details [.pdf — 49kB]
- Thesis Declaration (Example of correct wording and format) [.pdf — 31kB]
- Copyright and Release of Thesis for Examination [.pdf — 187kB]
- Examination Report (Example only) [.pdf — 45kB]
- Request for extension of time for amendment and/or re-submission of thesis [.pdf — 95kB]