If you’re a Curtin student, staff member or graduate looking to get an innovative business idea off the ground, take part in Curtin Accelerate – a free, 10-week program where you’ll be provided with the support and guidance you need to commercialise your idea.
To align more closely with the Extreme Tech Challenge, we ask all applicants to Curtin Accelerate to align their business concepts with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What does the program offer?
If you qualify for entry into the program, you’ll receive:
- a $5,000 equity-free grant
- business start-up workshops designed and delivered by an experienced program manager
- access to key industry contacts and networks, including commercialisation experts, investors and potential partners
- 10 weeks personalised mentoring from specialists in digital marketing, business growth, intellectual property and finance to help build and improve your idea for commercial success.
- free registration to the West Tech Fest 2019 conference, and exposure to the Extreme Tech Challenge and associated global community of investors and entrepreneurs.
Over 30 businesses have participated in Curtin Accelerate, moving on to launch products, win awards and receive investment funding.
Gelavo is a vegan, lactose-free and environmentally-friendly ice-cream created by Curtin alumni Anthea Rodoreda and Andrew Tilly. The frozen dessert uses low-grade avocados, and contains many of the nutrients needed for a healthy diet. Anthea and Andrew completed the Curtin Accelerate program in 2018, which helped launch Gelavo from an idea into a product. Gelavo is now stocked in a variety of outlets in WA.
Click below to see Gelavo’s experience with Curtin Accelerate. Find out more about Gelavo here.
For more information about the Accelerate program email Curtin Accelerate or telephone +61 8 9266 2548.