This is an introductory course for those wishing to use the John de Laeter SHRIMP II ion microbes.
The SHRIMP II Introductory Course is for those wishing to use the John de Laeter SHRIMP II ion microbes
- 10 February to 17 February 2020 inclusive
- Varies each day. See below
- Dept. Applied Physics, Bldg 301, room 147 and 044 Curtin Perth, Kent St Bentley, WA 6102
9.00am to 5.00pm Monday, Tuesday and Friday
9.00am to 12pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm Wednesday
9.00am to 6.00pm Thursday (may extend until 9.00pm if required)
2.00pm to 3.00pm Monday 17 February
Before this course, attendees must schedule an Initial Project Meeting (IPM). Please contact Dr Allen Kennedy to arrange this.
This course consists of:
- A minimum of two sessions observing a competent user setting up the instrument to data collect in the month preceding the course
- A short session in the SHRIMP lab and the sample prep room that covers hardware components, software, safety, start-up and shut-down on the instruments, cleaning and gold coating
- Lectures covering the theory of operation, instrument performance, data reduction and basic applications
- A hands-on session to gain some feel for the instrument
- A quiz
- Homework on data reduction.
The full SHRIMP II course syllabus and breakdown of events is available on request.
Participants must be proficient with the English language and have a familiarity with PCs.
For more information, please contact: