Information pertaining to research funding can be sourced from a variety of sources. Curtin University provides access to a funding database Research Professional to search current and future available sources. Hosted by the Curtin Library, a LibGuide is available. Alerts are provided via email from the ORD Research Support Team based upon funding opportunities sourced from Research Professional and a range of other subscribed alerts and searches.
Major national and international funding sources include:
- The Australian Competitive Grants Register
- The Australian Research Council (ARC)
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- Research and Development Corporations
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) – USA
- National Science Foundation (NSF) – USA – see Guide
- US Defence Agency Funding – see Guide
- European Union – Horizon 2020
Researchers considering applying for major national or international grants should contact the Research Development Officers in ORD Research Services (ORDemail@example.com).
Internal research funding opportunities include:
- Curtin Research Fellowships – a highly competitive post-doctoral fellowship program;
- Hayden Williams Fellowship