Orientation resources for HDR students
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to both HDR students and supervisors, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for research students progress. The Orientation handouts and links on this Orientation resources page aim to give HDR students easy access to important information.
This page also provides external links to organisations that the University either has an affiliation with (e.g. the eGrad School) or which contains information that may be of guidance to research students.
Please note: This webpage provides links to the presentations and links to websites.
Handouts / Presentations – Semester 2, 2017
- HDR Orientation Program Sem 2 2017 [.doc – 702 kB]
- 01 Overview of the HDR Process S2 2017[.pptx – 1,679 kB]
- 02 Careers Employment Leadership S2 2017 [.pdf – 5,149 kB]
- 04 Research Data Management S2 2017 [.pdf – 2,791 mB]
- 05 Academic Language and Learning Development S2 2017 [.pptx – 1,745 kB]
- 06 PG Mentor Program S2 2017 [.pptx – 245 kB]
- 07 Supervisor Reflections S2 2017 [.pptx- 1,907 kB]
- 08 Research Integrity S2 2017 [.pptx – 8,849 kB]
- 09 PG Committee – Guild S2 2017[.pptx – 702 kB}
iLecture recording of the Orientation – Semester 2
The iLecture recording for the Semester 2 session held on 27 July 2017 is available for viewing using the links below.
UniHub login (was CareerHub)
Including links to the online learning programs for HDR students:
- Brochures for LEAP and MORE
- LEAP online learning modules
- MORE online learning modules
- e-Grad School newsletters
iThinkwell (resources for PhD students developed by Hugh Kearns and Maria Gardiner)
The Thesis Whisperer (help for research students, by Dr Inger Mewburn, ANU)