Orientation resources for HDR students
There are many areas across Curtin that provide services and support to both HDR students and supervisors, including the Graduate Research School (GRS). The GRS administers HDR related rules, policies and guidelines. Knowledge and awareness of these are essential for research students progress. The Orientation handouts and links on this Orientation resources page aim to give HDR students easy access to important information.
This page also provides external links to organisations that the University either has an affiliation with (e.g. the eGrad School) or which contains information that may be of guidance to research students.
Please note: This webpage provides links to the presentations and links to websites.
Handouts / Presentations – Semester 2
- HDR Orientation Program Sem 2 2016[.doc – 41 kB]
- 01 Overview of the HDR Process Sem 2 2016[.pptx – 2,088 kB]
- 02 Library HDR orientation Sem 2 2016 upload version[.pdf – 4 mB]
- 03 Careers HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pptx – 5.158 mB]
- 04 English Lang Support HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pptx – 928 kB]
- 05 PG Mentor Program HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pptx – 135 kB]
- 06 Building a Positive Relationship with Your Supervisor – HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pptx- 196 kB]
- 07 Becoming a Researcher – HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pdf – 3093,720 kB]
- 08 CUPSA – HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pdf – 4,819 kB]
- 09 HIT Form Training – HDR Orientation Sem 2 2016 [.pdf – 3,292 kB}
iLecture recording of the Orientation – Semester 1
The iLecture recording is not available for the Semester 2 session held on 28 July due to projector failure on the day. However, you can view the Orientation session from Semester 1, below.
Including links to the online learning programs for HDR students:
- Brochures for LEAP and MORE
- LEAP online learning modules
- MORE online learning modules
- e-Grad School newsletters
iThinkwell (resources for PhD students developed by Hugh Kearns and Maria Gardiner)
The Thesis Whisperer (help for research students, by Dr Inger Mewburn, ANU)