Higher degree by research staff
HDR staff resources
Here you’ll find links to useful information that is relevant to the management and supervision of Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students. This information is relevant to thesis committee members, postgraduate coordinators, Graduate Studies Committees and administrators whose work involves HDR students.
Staff should also note that policies, procedures and guidelines relating to HDR students can be viewed on the student policies and procedures page.
- Collaborative Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Policy
- Collaborative Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Procedures
- Establishing a Collaborative Doctor of Philosophy Program – Checklist for Curtin Staff [.pdf – 178kB]
- HDR Student Consumables Allowance – Guidelines for Staff [.pdf – 138kB]
- HDR Student Consumables Allowance – Reimbursable Items List [.pdf – 79kB]
Field of Research (FoR) codes
The Field of Research (FoR) codes have replaced the Research Fields, Courses and Disciplines classification (RFCD) codes.
Fields of Research codes are used to classify research activities such as student projects, grants and publications.
- Field of Research Codes (via Australian Bureau of Statistics Website)
- Information about the Fields of Research (via Australian Bureau of Statistics Website)
Higher degree by supplication
For staff of the University undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy/Masters Degree by Submission of Published Work.
- Advice for examiners – Doctor of Philosophy [.pdf – 64kB]
- Advice for examiners – Master of Philosophy [.pdf – 64 kB]
- Supervision of Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Students Policy
- Supervision of Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Students Procedures
- Guidelines for Establishing the Higher Degree by Research Supervisory Relationship [.pdf – 153 kB]
- Guidelines for Supervisor Load Limits [.pdf – 137 kB]
- Guidelines for Doctoral and Masters Degree Equivalence [.pdf – 75 kB]
- Application for Entry to the Register of Supervisors
For queries related to a current registration Upgrade (Level 2 to Level 1) or Amendment (Masters to Doctoral & Masters), please email GRS.Academic@curtin.edu.au.
Termination of enrolment
- Guidelines for the Process of Termination of Enrolment of Higher Degree by Research Students [.pdf – 77 kB]
- Advice for Examiners – Doctoral Higher Degree by Research Students [.pdf – 28 kB]
- Advice for Examiners – Masters Higher Degree by Research Students [.pdf – 25 kB]
- Examination Report (Example only)[.pdf – 29kB]
- Guidelines for Best Practice in Thesis Examination [.pdf – 64kB]