Curtin maintains highly engaged relationships with a wide range of business, government, community and industry partners at regional, national and international levels.
We have a strong focus on cross-disciplinary and cross-institutional research alliances, with a high level of involvement with numerous partners in the federally funded Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Scheme.
Research grants from government, industry and other sources of research funding brought Curtin’s total research income to almost $82m in 2014.
A selection of major industry partnerships that support Curtin’s pursuit of better research outcomes include:
- Water Corporation: Strategic alliance supporting the Curtin Water Quality Research Centre (CWQRC) into significant water quality issues.
- The Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre, established in 2012, exemplifies the benefits to the State and community from a joint commitment to quality research with a series of high profile and far reaching economic and social impact reports released in 2014 that contribute to important public issues.
- The Curtin Corrosion Engineering Industry Centre (CCEIC) conducts high-quality research and provides expert consultancy services to the oil and gas industry.
- The Centre for Marine Science and Technology (CMST) comprises a skilled group of scientists and engineers committed to the development of ocean-related skills in Australia.
- The Curtin Advanced Technologies Research and Innovation Alliance (CATRINA) is a newly-established industry and collaboration alliance which strives to improve productivity in engineering, fabrication, construction and project maintenance.
- The Centre for Crop Disease Management dramatically reduces the cost of crop disease with research into genetics, fungicide and agronomy research.
- Innovation Central Perth has over 80 researchers, bringing together start-ups, industry experts, developers and researchers to develop innovative solutions which create jobs, promote growth and nurture sustainable economies.
Contact our research team to find out how you can begin collaborating with Curtin.