At Curtin, more than 12 research hubs are focusing on applied research that is highly relevant to Australia’s naval and defence capabilities, including maritime security.
Across a range of engineering, mathematics and science disciplines we are continually adding to our expertise in:
- hydrodynamics and vessel interactions
- remote sensing and satellite systems
- hydro-acoustics and mapping
- subsea engineering
- computational modelling
- communications and signal processing
- corrosion science and materials science
- transport logistics and process optimisation
- whole-of-life infrastructure management
- structural monitoring and protection
- occupational health & safety
- energy systems.
In addition, new programs at Curtin will support innovation and capacity-building in regional security and strategy, natural disaster and emergency response practices.
The Federal Government’s renewed interest in defence-specific R&D also brings significant opportunities for strategic collaborations in this space. Accordingly, Curtin anticipates being a fundamental contributor and an innovator in the area of national defence capabilities.