If you’re a Curtin student, staff member or graduate looking to get an innovative business idea off the ground, take part in Curtin Accelerate – a free, ten-week program where you’ll be provided with the support and guidance you need to commercialise your idea.
What does the program offer?
If you qualify for entry into the program, you’ll receive:
- a $5,000 equity-free grant
- access to co-working space, bookable meeting rooms and IT infrastructure
- access to key industry contacts and networks, including commercialisation experts, investors and potential partners
- business start-up workshops designed and delivered by Yuuwa Capital Investment Director Matthew Macfarlane
- 10-weeks personalised mentoring from specialists in digital marketing, business growth, intellectual property and finance to help build and improve your idea for commercial success.
Curtin Accelerate 2018
The Curtin Accelerate 2018 program will run weekly on Wednesdays (9 to 5 pm) from January to March 2018 at the Curtin Graduate School of Business in the Perth CBD.
To apply for the program, teams must have a novel technology or business concept, and contain at least one Curtin staff member, current student or former student. Teams will be accepted into the program following a two-stage process: a short written online application, followed by a short pitch to a panel of judges.
For more information about the Accelerate program email Curtin Accelerate or telephone +61 8 9266 2548.
Twenty businesses have participated in Curtin Accelerate, moving on to launch products, win awards and receive investment funding.